Need some allison 1000 help built tranny won't go in gear any help would be awesome!!

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Ok here's my problem I bought a freshly built stage 4 ppe Allison 1000 w a suncoast vb! The truck will not engage into gear! I have put a new neutral safty switch new internal harness new ignition switch new trans lines new trans cooler still nothing! Before I put internal harness in it would goin to 3rd n reverse w harness unplugged and would throw a buncha electrical codes w it hooked up! W the new harness it it move w it plugged in for a sec then nothing not even w harness unplugged, and also now I have no codes kinda lost here!

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
I'm guna go take the pan of n make sure the filter inside didn't fall which I hope it did other than tht not sure what to do any help would be great thanks !!!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You have to get codes with it plugged in. The codes while its unplugged tell you nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Why would you even try it with the harness unplugged? Like Mike L said call the company you purchased it from.

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
it wont throw codes with harness plugged in and says shift range inhibited. i checked to make sure my pump was workin in tranny and i got pressure coming out of the pump but i still cant shift into any gear. and to everyone who tells to call the pace i got it from... well dont you think that was the first thing i did. if they would have helped me out i wouldnt be on here trying to get some help.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We must have codes. We also need the exact order they came out. We have no magic wands and we can not see anything. We have no idea if the clown that built this thing did something wrong.
Codes were inserted in the TCM to diagnose normal problems. They do NOT tell us the answer. They give us an idea where to start looking, Sometimes.
There are no codes written for screw ups. That's when it get difficult and expensive.

RvrRnr1000

Aug 24, 2013
Shift Inhibited

My 03 thru some codes and it ended up being a valve in the tranny that required the pan to be dropped and some major rework that I had done at the dealer for like $600.00 bucks complete.
I would lose reverse and Overdrive after the tranny heated up.....

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Well still no codes but like I said if I pull the bolt on the bottom of trans by the filter and start truck it sprays everywhere but when it sprays out it looks like it's full of air and I have not very much pressure in my lines goin to tran cooler!

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Well still no codes but like I said if I pull the bolt on the bottom of trans by the filter and start truck it sprays everywhere but when it sprays out it looks like it's full of air and I have not very much pressure in my lines goin to tran cooler!

What are you trying to pull codes with? Cheap scanners won't read a lot of trans codes.