Need more noise!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
i don't see why it matters why i want it to be loud its my truck, just wanted the best advice to make it loud?

Just curious is all. Yeah, its your truck, but 99.9999% people dont want the exhaust loud. What the heck...remove the muffler and run the exhaust out the side under the cab. That'll do the trick.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Take the" MUFFLER" OFF. LOL however, a straight pipe isnt that much different. Prolly 20% louder at most. Stacks or turn downs seem to make it sound louder due to short length of exhaust. And being close to cab. Do a muffler delete and see what happens first. I like my cab being quiet , and outside being loud tho.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I had a straight 4" MBRP with no muffler and it droned so bad on the freeway I couldn't take it. It got even worse after I installed the 366. I finally bought a 4" muffler and it sounds so much deeper with way less drone. I can't wait for the twins so it'll be even quieter. I can't stand hearing the exhaust. I'd rather hear my turbo whistle :D

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I had a straight 4" MBRP with no muffler and it droned so bad on the freeway I couldn't take it. It got even worse after I installed the 366. I finally bought a 4" muffler and it sounds so much deeper with way less drone. I can't wait for the twins so it'll be even quieter. I can't stand hearing the exhaust. I'd rather hear my turbo whistle :D

Amen!!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
i don't see why it matters why i want it to be loud its my truck, just wanted the best advice to make it loud?

Do your buddies drive cummins powered dodges? Then tell you their trucks are more powerful cuz they are loud and smoke alot.

You wanted a loud diesel, but bought the quietest diesel available, and want to try and make it loud :confused:

Exhaust Noise typically translates into unused/unharnessed power, un burnt fuel, all in all, a less refined product, most of us only accept more exhaust noise as a side affect of, or a need to make greater power, but even then it's only truly loud when deep into the throttle, maybe you could try to make more power....:angel:

Last edited:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Exhaust Noise typically translates into unused/unharnessed power, un burnt fuel, all in all, a less refined product, most of us only accept more exhaust noise as a side affect of, or a need to make greater power,

Explain how exhaust noise "translates into unused/unharnessed power" and "unburnt fuel" ??

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
I have a diamond eye down pipe only. That's it and no exhaust at all. It is loud as hell. I like it. It doesn't bother me but I am a young punk kid. Lots of turbo whistle. I agree. It's your truck. Run it like you want. I do. I like it. :hug: