Need more noise!

Jun 29, 2013
Washington
Right now I have a 4" Mbrp exhaust with a muffler and a 3" downpipe and I can barely hear my truck exhaust with the windows up because of the intake, I would like a little more cab drone. Wondering if I should straight pipe it or get a 5"? What would be best? Even with the windows down all I can hear is my turbo

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
run the exhaust into the cab :thumb:

Take the muffler off, run a 5" pipe, and dump it out in front of the rear tire or over the axle.

Dude, I don't know what your needing, maybe hearing aids??? My truck screams with just a 3" downpipe and a DE 4" that dumps over the axle. A stack would be more loud

Maybe someone dynamatted your cab?

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I run a 5" magnaflow with a muffler and down pipe, it's loud enough for me even on the freeway with my windows up. There's some drone in the cab too.... I can hear it pretty well enough considering me being practically deaf with hearing aids. Tuning can change how you want it to sound like.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
You're going to regret for having a droning exhaust over an engine sound. Believe me, youre going to want to wear ear muffs after 2 hours of driving.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I don't want a ridiculous drone I'll probably just straight pipe it, see how i like it, then go from there

That will make it a lot louder. If you really want it to crack put on a aftermarket turbo. My truck with a s366 and 4" straight pipe was stupid loud, i have a video of me on the dyno and when the guy went wide open almost everyone in the bay covered there ears at once. LOL The only truck ive ever heard that was anywhere near as loud was my buddies 6.0 powerjoke. I have magnaflow duals w a muffler on it now and its too quiet :/