Need a rebuild in ohio!

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Im looking to get my lly's trans built somewhere near north central ohio. I can travel a bit but dont want to go to crazy. Im looking for someone who knows what they are doing and are familiar with the allison. Want a trans that can hold up to 700-800 hp. Suncoast quoted me around 5800 for just parts. But i wanna know do i need a shift kit, mike l's trim springs and anything else before i get into this. I thought about building it myself. Extremely mechanically inclined but just never tore into an allison. Any one have any input on this. I want to do it once and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ive heard of redline, and my buddy took his truck there. Not sure if i really cared for their work. Took his lml in for an egr delete and looks like they just put a h&s on and unplugged the egr valves to me. Merchant is a good idea and maybe dirty hooker diesel. What would a ball park price be that people hare paying for a built trans with billet input, output, and flexplate. Labor and parts?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Im looking to get my lly's trans built somewhere near north central ohio. I can travel a bit but dont want to go to crazy. Im looking for someone who knows what they are doing and are familiar with the allison. Want a trans that can hold up to 700-800 hp. Suncoast quoted me around 5800 for just parts. But i wanna know do i need a shift kit, mike l's trim springs and anything else before i get into this. I thought about building it myself. Extremely mechanically inclined but just never tore into an allison. Any one have any input on this. I want to do it once and be done with it.

Who did you talk to? Send me a PM and let me see if i can take care of you

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Merchant automotive just quoted me $6301 for a build that will hold over 700 hp. And thats me dropping the truck off and it being done in a couple days. Doesn't sound to bad to me. Wouldn't even have to worry about pulling the trans myself.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I had Tony at dirty Hooker build mine. I'm happy with it, great customer service. He can have you in and out in a day if he's got a build trans at his shop.

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
If you go to merchant don't head twards detroit or you'll be 2hrs to the east of them. They are closer to Grand Rapids. Doesn't Danville and fleece do Allison's? Might be closer.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Isn't Caleb (Girls Night Out pull truck and fastest manual truck) up in N. OH? Does he build a good trans?

Blackout Performance is Caleb Baker's business near pittsburgh, PA. Well worth the trip for you.

Powermax was in Salem, OH, but i think he hung it up. My first trans build was by him and held up for a long time.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Toops or Firepunk could probably handle it, even though they are both Dodge-centric shops.

Danville or Fleece would be the next closest.

Merchant near Detroit....:roflmao:

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ok out of these caleb is the closest, then DHD then merchant. Heres my next question, any of these guys offer a warranty and what kind? Thabks.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
I am 30 minutes from Merchant and wouldn't have my trans done there. I have heard of some not so good things about their work from a reputable builder. Maybe they have gotten better but do some good research before dropping that amount of coin. As for warranty just ask them when you have them on the phone.

Daves08lmm

Nov 27, 2014
Try days diesel. Dmitri Millard is a huge name and he builds out of their shop when he is out this way.