manual trans diesel record "build"

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ok, at this point I have all the parts gathered up to try to attempt to beat the 11.48@118mph manual trans diesel record. Gonna be very soon it all starts going on the truck. While at the same time I'm gonna drop any more weight i can find. The record was set in a full weight regular cab lly zf6 with drag radials, twins and a built engine. I will be trying to beat it with a box stock s475/87/.90, stock engine, and we're gonna see what these toyo St2's can do for now even though I see drag radials in the future. Just got my autocal from danville performance, with an afe drivers side ic pipe that I will be welding a vband to mate it to the s475. This year I will also be adding rear shocks to my setup "lol" even though I've pulled a 1.79 60 without them. Pretty set on a through the fender exhaust. Will have mpi dual fuelers, and 100% over exergy injectors when they arrive as they are the last thing I'm waiting on to ship.

Mark was awesome on the phone and my stuff shipped the next day, can't wait to try out his tunes. I was advised to keep the rpms up in this application, so we will see what happens. At this point it's a track truck so I won't have any hard feelings if anything bad happends I know what I'm getting myself into. I don't know the exact power she will be putting down but if she holds together im confident ill beat the 11.48 the way mark described the tuning. My best run to date is in my sig which i did on a stock turbo. Time to see what this thing will do. Hopefully the new power can shave 8 tenths off of my stock turbo time so I can bring this record home. Might be a good time to place bets lol gonna try to have the bugs worked out by the time nhrda comes through st louis. Ill add pictures as they come with the bolt ons and further weight reduction.:thumb:

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Are you talking about Caleb's old green truck or someone else?

Good luck in your efforts.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yup, same truck.

What are your thoughts on different axle gearing to spread out your shifts a bit? When Darius and I used to race together, I was always amazed how fast he had to row gears thru the first 1/8.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Yup, same truck.

What are your thoughts on different axle gearing to spread out your shifts a bit? When Darius and I used to race together, I was always amazed how fast he had to row gears thru the first 1/8.
Id love 3:42 gears but for a grand to do a gear change I think ill just stay with the stock gears. 3:42 gears though I'd have to launch a gear lower and it would also add a shift because I'd still need 6th to run a low 11. I only shift 3 times in a race how it is currently.

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
:D

Attachments

• oh-damn-lmao-i-guess-were-girls-in-high-school-because-we-love-badass-stick-shift-cars-p-105322-.jpg
    oh-damn-lmao-i-guess-were-girls-in-high-school-because-we-love-badass-stick-shift-cars-p-105322-.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 102

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I finally got the 100 overs in. Smooth idle for not being tuned and no haze. Not that I could tell anyway, now for the extra pump to back up these injectors and the turbo.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I finally got the 100 overs in. Smooth idle for not being tuned and no haze. Not that I could tell anyway, now for the extra pump to back up these injectors and the turbo.

Let
Me know when your ready for a tune.. we can meet halfway

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Let
Me know when your ready for a tune.. we can meet halfway

Mark has me covered, autocal is in the closet. But the tunes on the regular cab now are sweet. My daily has no turbo brake and it definitely sucks. Been beating on that thing with your tunes for um about 8 thousand miles lol.