Locking Hub Conversion Kit Solution

TheRamMan

TheRamMan
Hello Chevy / GMC Truck Friends.....Wayne Brown "The Ram Man" here. I wanted to make this more of an informative post rather than a solicitation.

Many late model (2000-2016) Chevy / GMC 2500-3500 truck owners have requested the need for manual locking hubs to give them free spinning wheels, eliminating unnecessary wear and tear on their front axle assembly and providing better overall performance. We now provide the ultimate solution, using your truck's current technology: A manual locking unit bearing hub CV Axles system that is simple and quick to install. It is also ABS friendly, allowing you to keep your existing ABS system in check.

You can view our videos on these locking hub kits at:
http://therammaninc.com/videos/Hubs-GMC-2000-2016-16

I'm here at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals this week. Stop by and see me if you're visiting the show. I have some of these conversion kits on display.

Hope to see you at Carlisle!

Suge White

Jul 4, 2016
Queen Creek, AZ
Hmmm.... Looks like it's just been posted on just about every forum out there but the only info I could find googling it was a public safety notice warning on YouTube. Someone buy it and tell me if it holds up, lol :popcorn:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
At 1900-2k for this, it would take a hell of a long time to see your money back in mph from it.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
44 warn locking hubs?!?... tune only truck will chew that up

Hope you have your vendors stuff enroute

No kidding, I have grenaded one with a nissan v6 in my solid axle swapped pathfinder. Why would anyone want to pay to add a weak link in a proven 4wd system.....

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC

Originally posted May 25, 2016 Updated May 26, 2016
Dear Mopar Friends and Customers of Morris Wayne Brown,

We have been informed by Morris Wayne Brown that he can no longer pay his bills, buy product nor continue sales of any kind. We find this odd as he lives in his mother’s home and runs his business out of her garage. Please be aware that should you place an order with The Ram Man team or with Wayne Brown directly, that despite taking your money, product may not be shipped, or if you receive defective product you will not receive service of any kind. Please see the email notice below.

ArcDis Corp originally sought to grow Morris (Wayne) Brown's business but repeatedly came up against insensitive and demeaning statements like the one sent out below. We have tried to work together with Morris but his ongoing actions have put his company into financial distress where he may be fraudulently taking orders with no intention of shipping out product. Please proceed with caution when calling by phone, it is clear that Morris may not be paying his suppliers nor can you expect to receive any product ordered from The Ram Man.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thank You
ArcDis Corp

May 26, 2016

To all Mopar, Brake and Hub customers,

We are informing all customers of The Ram Man that Morris Wayne Brown is currently 43 days delinquent on his bills to ArcDis Corp. Please be aware that we have been forced to use this medium to reveal Morris Wayne Brown’s attempts to evade paying his bills through acts of intimidation, extortion, slander and libel. Ultimately, the goal of this communication is to secure payment for the works done to grow The Ram Man TRM business, to protect the reputation and well being of ArcDis Corp directors and associates and to protect the intellectual property of ArcDis Corp.

Please be advised that we believe Morris Wayne Brown and his business manager Skip Eavers to be deceitful with ulterior motives to steal our intellectual works (ArcDis Book of Knowledge), business forms, marketing works, business insights, competitive evaluations, market research, sourcing contacts, technical expertise and more. Due to their recent activity on YouTube we know them both to be untrustworthy, volatile and malevolent.

Morris and The Ram Man team have unlawfully tried to terminate our business partnership through acts of harassment, defamation of character and the threat of extortion. Morris has done this by registering our company director’s names as domains, sending numerous threatening emails, posting insulting untrue YouTube videos, leaving threatening voicemails, impersonating a private investigator, and more.

For reference, in October 2015, ArcDis Corp had formed a business relationship with The Ram Man for the growth of the brake business as well as the creation and sale of Dodge and GM unit bearing manual locking hub conversion kits. In support of the business, ArcDis Corp had forgone payment for the partial list of professional services signed and dated March 21, 2016 by Morris Wayne Brown (Strategy Brief: Sales Efforts). In addition to creating the locking-hubs.com website, ArcDis Corp has also made positive financial impact through the reduction of costs by introducing new manufacturing partners like Mile Marker Industries.

Additional examples include, ArcDis Corp’s work to define the advantages of unit bearing manual locking hub conversion kits that continue to be used by The Ram Man team in their promotion and sale of unit bearing manual locking hub conversion kits. ArcDis Corp’s written works are also used in all TRM printed materials, online content as well as in their daily communications with customers by email and phone. Moreover, ArcDis Corp forms are used in all The Ram Man TRM invoices in addition to a complete overhaul of their warranty and RMA procedures labelled “Real Good Info.”

In closing, while we regret to expose the ugly business dealings of Morris Wayne Brown, it is our hope that we can resolve this issue quickly to the mutual benefit of both parties. ArcDis Corp remains hopeful that Morris Wayne Brown will stop impeding his own business by spreading hate and lies to his own clients.

Update May 26, 2016
We have tried again to work with Morris Brown to create positive informative content about brakes, hubs and automotive parts. Given the new video posted to YouTube, it is clear that Morris Wayne Brown is recklessly attempting to sabotage his own business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arm5bVQ05-o

ArcDis Corp has now tried everything in our power to work together with Morris Wayne Brown. While we have always recognized that he is an expert in brakes and manual locking hubs we cannot ignore his temper and detrimental actions to the business. We have come to the conclusion that Morris Wayne Brown is completely unmanageable and untrustworthy. Please read the current forum entries of your fellow man to make a judgement for yourself on the “trustworthiness” of Morris Wayne Brown as a merchant.

“After informing Wayne of who I was and the problem that I am having with the vacuum booster that he rebuilt he almost immediately became defensive and in a belligerent manner began shouting at me… He told me that If I was his patient and him my doctor that I would need to seek help elsewhere…
http://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbt...7/brake-work-on-chrysler-products-the-ram-man

“I tried contacting Wayne for a week. Spoke to his wife who every time told me Wayne would get right back to me. He never called and emails were never replied to.”
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/wayne-the-ram-man-a-warning.232274/

“I bought my kit from him and have mixed reviews for Wayne Brown. The good: he is knowledgeable about the product and product seems to be of acceptable quality. The bad: Price is a little on the high side; installation instructions not great; poor product support - his master cylinder was bad. I understand these things happen, but I got the run around on getting a replacement so I wound up buying one from NAPA.”
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/has-anybody-bought-parts-from-the-ram-man.100700/

“Has anybody bought parts from the Ram Man I looking to buy his disk brakes spindles and caliper brackets from him, but I email him twice 2 weeks ago and no answer thanks”
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/has-anybody-bought-parts-from-the-ram-man.100700/

We have reviewed the documents sent to us by you and your private investigator and find there to be no evidence of any crime or damage to you or The Ram Man business. Despite your written comments on the documents, there is no evidence that ArcDis Corp, Joshua Sham, Wayne McAlpine or any other known ArcDis director or associate has done anything that might constitute a scam or fraud.

In fact, information about ArcDis Corp and all of our directors is available in the public domain. Meaning, we have been completely up-front, have never represented ourselves falsely and welcome the FBI, attorney general, and the department of justice to look into our affairs. We are aware of all of the information that you’ve provided and know that it is all easily accessible on the Internet.

Despite the presumed financial situation of The Ram Man business, we are concerned by your decision to waste company resources in your efforts to harass and harm the reputation of your business partners. We are not your enemy and continue to pursue remedies that can help the business. Simply put, we continue to be good stewards of the business and have never done anything to harm you nor The Ram Man business.

We are writing you this letter to inform you that in the defense of our legal rights, we will not tolerate your ongoing harassment of ArcDis Corp associates and directors. While you’ve focused on trying to ruin our reputation, we are building a case to put you in jail for the following criminal acts. Please note that your lies and threats of ongoing harassment will be fought to the fullest extent of the law.

We have not only reported you to the police, but we have recorded, transcribed, and documented your various YouTube videos, voice mails, emails, and phone conversations to add to our file of your ongoing acts of intimidation, harassment, extortion and threat to our personal safety and well-being.

Please see the following examples and instances where you have committed criminal acts of Fraud, Extortion, Online Harassment, Harassment, and Impersonation of a private investigator.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
I think the concept is well worth it if the OEM front hubs need replacing, 1. for the ability to use a limited slip front diff (without the front driveshaft spinning all the time), especially since the Eaton E-locker for 9.25" IFS is no longer in production 2. to get greasable bearings, which should last longer... But I'm wondering if anyone has actually managed to receive any hub kits lately, say, this year? Or if not that, maybe visited Wayne Brown's shop to see if he had actual inventory for sale?

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011

But he has an A+ BBB rating, with only one complaint.

A Google search sure does turn up more than two pages of barely intelligible gobbledygook (including accusations of "cyberbullying" WTF?!) that appears to be between one guy and Wayne Brown.

All I would care about is that he ships the product and that it works.
I found this post about the latter part, but details are lacking:
"The locking hubs made by Morris Wayne Brown The RAM Man Inc (TRM) are dangerous and failing under normal conditions. This client photo shows a broken stub shaft that broke off rendering 4WD inoperable. By modifying factory components Morris not only voids the OEM warranty but weakens components making them prone to failure, risking the safety of any customer who installs his products."

Since he uses stock (improved OEM) stub shafts, I doubt that the locking hubs contributed to the failure, but I guess it's possible. But "extreme offroaders" can find lots of ways to break stub shafts and other parts, too. So I'm not yet convinced by that post.

Last edited:

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
44 warn locking hubs?!?... tune only truck will chew that up
Would you like to elaborate on that?

------------

Somehow, the idea of holding that stub (output) shaft in place with just a snap ring doesn't "feel" right for this application. And I think that's because the same clearance(s) required for the manual locking mechanism to operate could allow the inboard (yoke) end of the fully-splined stub shaft (which is not physically supported in the IFS) to wobble slightly (non-concentric rotation), compared to how it works with that OEM version (threaded end) stub shaft, which is held securely by a nut on those threads, resulting in less runout on the inboard end.

Another aspect of why this bothers me is, since TheRamMan accomplished this by (almost) just recombining off-the-shelf parts (with minor machining required to fit an older generation locking unit into the 2011+ wheel hub/bearing unit), and since the need/want has been widely voiced for a long time (even if only to use a locking/LSD front diff in GM IFS pickups) why didn't some more mainstream custom off-road components company (which has some in-house engineering expertise) already do this... unless there's an inherent flaw??? I'm just wondering/speculating here.

UPDATE:

As this video shows, these have a (user-replaceable) bearing on the inboard side of the stub shaft (Wayne refers to it as the "rear" bearing), which means my concern about this was unfounded.

Last edited:

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
Originally posted May 25, 2016 Updated May 26, 2016
Dear Mopar Friends and Customers of Morris Wayne Brown,

[snip]

In fact, information about ArcDis Corp and all of our directors is available in the public domain. ...

We are writing you this letter to inform you that in the defense of our legal rights, we will not tolerate your ongoing harassment of ArcDis Corp associates and directors...

The "ArcDis Corp" is not a real company.
Linked in profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/arcdis-corp
shows "Company Size: Myself Only"

The website http://www.arcdis.com/
does not work.

The corporate filing shows the status is dissolved
http://datagovca.com/corporation.php?id=9010807
and there's only one name on it's board of directors: Joshua Sham

address
10532 – 178 St Suite 200 Edmonton, AB T5S 2J1 Canada is occupied by another company.

I sure don't know what kind of batshit crazy pissing contest happened between the individual(s) representing themselves as the ArcDis corp. and Wayne Brown (The Ram Man). But whoever wrote that lengthy "notice" in post 8 above tried to make it sound as if it was written by in-house council, but the terminology used makes it obvious that was not the case. To put it succinctly, the notice was written by somebody pretending to be on the level of a corporate attorney, but so stupid and/or naive to not realize that ANY attorney would never say, much less write, some of the personal ad hominem remarks in that notice.

All of which adds up to yet another trip down the disinformation superhypeway.
Lots of noise about extraneous bullshit, and very little in the way of an answer to the actual question, or pertinent to whether or not the currently available product (locking hubs) works well, or not.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you keep bumping this thread but nobody cares. the guys is a fly-by-nighter and hes using cheap d44 parts that will not hold up to abuse.

there is no way i would spend the kind of money he wants for these kits.

stop trying to get a year old thread back going. if you want to buy them, buy them. report back the good and bad. then there is a reason to keep this thread alive

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
you keep bumping this thread but nobody cares. ....there is no way i would spend the kind of money he wants for these kits.
This photo of your truck is all the rebuttal needed:
garage_attachment.php

Not everyone wants a jacked up play toy, even if it was free.
Locking hubs? too expensive. Jacked up suspension leveraged to the brink of failure and turning rubber into smoke? worth it.

That's the mindset of a teenager, so if you aren't one, it's time to grow up now.

As for the parts he's using, you aren't well informed on that either.

Guys like you are the reason I usually don't post on threads like this.
It's also why, it's been a long time since I posted prior to this year.
I'm old enough to realize I don't have time to waste being aggravated by dipshits like you.

The same mentality that results in being proud of photos like the one above apparently is involved in jumping to the conclusion that I had some ulterior motive for "bumping" this thread about which you think nobody cares.

But here's a news flash for you, even IF stuff like that shown in the photo above is more important to you and 90% of the other people on this forum, I don't give shit.

And for those others, who had any interest in these locking hubs, well, whether they work or not, you won't find out here, from me.

You can thank the dipshit above for that.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Post of the day right there ^^^^^

How do I insert like 100 of these emojis :roflmao:

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Nomad here's the thing bro, the only thing you did was continue a rant on someone else. In all those pretty little words you wrote, and in all that time it took you to find that picture and set up a new post, you couldn't find 10 seconds to add any actual real information to the contrary. Because all your energy was towards a stupid argument, rather than saying a d44 is good because x x and y, you've lost this round.