Locking Hub Conversion Kit Solution

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
James your my kind of "Dipshit":rofl:

Oh and Nomad, James is one of the most respected suspension/axle guys willing to offer free advice on the webs... If he says it's shit I'll take his word for it. Or you can shove your head up a bulls ass... Personally I'll just take the butchers word for it.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I have a hunch Gone Nomad doesn't know this was a pure racing/pulling board, with some seriously hardcore performance folk as members.

You don't have to be a hotrodder to be here, but it sure helps.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Okay then Mr. Brown maybe you should send one of these kits out to one of us for testing. Be sure to include lots of spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video_Pipeline

On a Time Out
May 10, 2017
you keep bumping this thread but nobody cares. the guys is a fly-by-nighter and hes using cheap d44 parts that will not hold up to abuse.
there is no way i would spend the kind of money he wants for these kits.
stop trying to get a year old thread back going. if you want to buy them, buy them. report back the good and bad. then there is a reason to keep this thread alive
As for the parts he's using, you aren't well informed on that either.
...Because all your energy was towards a stupid argument, rather than saying a d44 is good because x x and y, you've lost this round.
Oh and Nomad, James is one of the most respected suspension/axle guys willing to offer free advice on the webs... If he says it's shit I'll take his word for it. Or you can shove your head up a bulls ass.
As mentioned, the real person known here as "Gone Nomad" is through posting any additional info on here, but since that username is now banned, I am taking the time to make one last clarification about what was already posted.

This info probably does invalidate, in this case, the apparent expertise of "Chevy1925" that "Burn Down" and a some others seem to hold in such high esteem, due to a misconception which will now be clarified:

RamMan's newest design GM front hub assemblies do NOT use Dana 44 locking hubs.

I do not know exactly what parts ARE used (yet).

The information on his website is not exactly well organized, concise or application-specific. The website is apparently part of what previously led to the dispute with the individual in Canada.

In any case, I agree, the proof is in the pudding.
Now, it will be a cold day in hell before I share those results with anyone on a forum like this.

Why bother? Not when, as has now been pointed out most specifically by Chevy1925: on this forum, "nobody cares" because this is a hardcore racing pulling forum. As such, threads like this one are a waste of time, on here at least.

I have work to do, and it isn't getting done when I'm (once again) getting sucked into a p*ssing contest with 'hardcore racers/pullers' who don't actually give a sh*t about this topic anyway.

With that, I bid you bye-bye.

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Any one that's putting that much effort into trying to clear their name would post up real results.

Regardless if it's worth posting on here or not. Because who knows how many people will stumble on this thread just by googling the product.

So it sounds like you just can't not won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
As mentioned, the real person known here as "Gone Nomad" is through posting any additional info on here, but since that username is now banned, I am taking the time to make one last clarification about what was already posted.

This info probably does invalidate, in this case, the apparent expertise of "Chevy1925" that "Burn Down" and a some others seem to hold in such high esteem, due to a misconception which will now be clarified:

RamMan's newest design GM front hub assemblies do NOT use Dana 44 locking hubs.

I do not know exactly what parts ARE used (yet).

The information on his website is not exactly well organized, concise or application-specific. The website is apparently part of what previously led to the dispute with the individual in Canada.

In any case, I agree, the proof is in the pudding.
Now, it will be a cold day in hell before I share those results with anyone on a forum like this.

Why bother? Not when, as has now been pointed out most specifically by Chevy1925: on this forum, "nobody cares" because this is a hardcore racing pulling forum. As such, threads like this one are a waste of time, on here at least.

I have work to do, and it isn't getting done when I'm (once again) getting sucked into a p*ssing contest with 'hardcore racers/pullers' who don't actually give a sh*t about this topic anyway.

With that, I bid you bye-bye.

just because your dumb ass will still be checking in here under another name and cant understand what i was pointing out. My point was for you to buy a damn kit, put it through its paces via mileage (100k), beating on it in a 600+ rwhp truck at the track in 4wd launches and slicks, putting it on a sled pull truck (hell a stock truck would work), and then abusing it on the street. Its not going to hold, look at the design of ANY hub (beside yukons hub for D60 and other axles that when "broke" goes to full lock), they are weak and mediocre for the 1980s vehicles they were on back in the day. The Yukon is the ONLY style hub that would be acceptable because for most here, they WILL break. you know how i know? look at any straight axle on a sled puller or off road vehicle that actually sees throttle, hell even som drag race straight axles truck. they will have drive flanges. Google it if you dont know what they are (i mean, you are the bright one here and im the dipshit). then you have the fact of all the one off pieces that AGAIN, if they break, your ass is SOL till you buy the overly expensive part from the only place that makes them. Great for a company, not the greatest for a consumer.

Now take my info, go off and have a few of these yukon style hubs made and jack the price up some more with the info i just gave you. your welcome :roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well that was fun for today. he clearly was looking for a fight....... and lost :rofl::rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why was this thread even allowed to start? Inferior parts sold by an unscrupulous person -- havent seen that since KB was in his prime.

Cant believe Nomad thought he'd best James in any kind of driveline discussion. GN should just stick to politics.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Why was this thread even allowed to start? Inferior parts sold by an unscrupulous person -- havent seen that since KB was in his prime.

Cant believe Nomad thought he'd best James in any kind of driveline discussion. GN should just stick to politics.

They're both the same loser, thread probly got overlooked because who the **** wants to get out and lock/unlock their hubs?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
They're both the same loser, thread probly got overlooked because who the **** wants to get out and lock/unlock their hubs?
Actually if it could hold up to the power and torque and was half the price I would. I do alot of highway like many others and only need it locked for convenience for the winter months. Would probably get the money back in fuel savings fairly quickly. Might save some wear and tear in the CV boots too.

I liked the manuals I had on my old powerstroke. Was handy to be able to unlock them when my outer u-joints fell apart lol.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Actually if it could hold up to the power and torque and was half the price I would. I do alot of highway like many others and only need it locked for convenience for the winter months. Would probably get the money back in fuel savings fairly quickly. Might save some wear and tear in the CV boots too.

I liked the manuals I had on my old powerstroke. Was handy to be able to unlock them when my outer u-joints fell apart lol.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I do the same driving you do, but seems like every time I need four wheel drive, I've got one or two tires bumper deep in shit, or it's so cold and slick I don't even want to be out of bed let alone driving.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
What mileage gains? I haven't seen any real difference between 2wd and 4wd diesels. If your a hot shotter doing 100K a year ok.