Lift pump

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
My buddy had numerous problems , he had a leak on one unit and was told to tighten the filters more , it did not stop the leak. Then he was told no warranty filters were over tightened , he told me to come and get it FREE . Told him no thank you , new unit 150 GPH 10 minutes on it going to scrap like my pump , Eion said what we are thinking GFYS

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

johnmyster

Nov 6, 2023
Lynchburg, Virginia
It wasn't the setup I had in mind, but FASS recently had blem kits on sale on their website. $530 + sh + tax for a 100 gph setup. I couldn't resist. The blem appeared to be some hazy/milky areas in the black anodizing on the manifold. The goal was to replace the BMP filter head / pump setup already on the truck.

Time will tell. There was convenience in having a one source kit and not assembling brackets/fittings myself, but I could've been pretty happy with a good pump mounted near the tank and a $17 filter head.

If FASS (Diesel Power Products?) doesn't support their customers long term it'll be pretty telling for the spirit of the overpriced diesel boutique specialty parts industry. I already have a redhead steering box I'm moderately unhappy with.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Reactions: 1FastBrick

JSimmsy

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
I ran a Kennedy single for a long time before I tore the truck apart, did a bunch of upgrades and went with Kennedy twins.

Absolutely love them. Super quiet. Tons of flow. I've also ran with them unplugged for a brief time making trips out of town when I was trying to redo the wiring and bracket setup for it. No issues there either under normal driving conditions.

Reactions: 68ss

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
How loud is it compared to the 4G airdog and newer FASS?

I see they even copied the same dogshit mounting system…..

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Air dog is a great company, I used to be a dealer for them. Never, ever had a warranty complaint. Pumps work as advertised and they always stand behind their product.