Lift pump

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
No Tom I need to change it the miles need to be 919,000 , must have made a mistake last time , truck still drives like new but like me it is showing it age :p

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
The s/n# (3000) is very very low on my pump , When I got it they were just staring out , this was the second one I got, first one was on my 2003 GMC and it may had been 2004 or so

Reactions: Bdsankey

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
Fu?? Fass no warranty I was told this it what was going to happen WTF Had others tell me the same NOT GOOD ,I have tuned over 189 trucks in the area and had all but 6 put Fass pumps on ( DO TO ME ) others had Air dog , Air dog can get warranty replacments seemed to be a trend with air dogs but they got covered , going with a different pump NOT GOOD , They had it back one time far warranty to install a quietket, but cant find it ????????????????????? NOT GOOD FASS

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Fu?? Fass no warranty I was told this it what was going to happen WTF Had others tell me the same NOT GOOD ,I have tuned over 189 trucks in the area and had all but 6 put Fass pumps on ( DO TO ME ) others had Air dog , Air dog can get warranty replacments seemed to be a trend with air dogs but they got covered , going with a different pump NOT GOOD , They had it back one time far warranty to install a quietket, but cant find it ????????????????????? NOT GOOD FASS
This has been a common theme. FASS has always been difficult, in my experience, to get warranty parts/pumps.

This coupled with the lack of features an AirDog II has led me to not really sell FASS anymore in the last 12-18mo.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
You would think with as much as Brad Ekstam pushes and totes his product that he would want to take care of a long time customer with that many miles so that they could use it as an example of the longevity and reliability of their product. Instead they Deny the warranty...

So instead of making 1 existing customer happy that also happens to recommend their product to others. They have alienated that one customer, Lost any future business with him and also shown the rest of us that their product is as worthless as they warranty they claim to have...

I certainly won't buy one now knowing they don't stand behind what they sell.

I would forward this thread to them and say thanks for showing your true colors! The word is out on how you treat customers.

Regards,
Former Customer

Reactions: TheBac and 2004LB7

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I never used fass or air dog on either of my hotshot trucks. Between vendor and OEM issues..
Went with fuelab prodigy pumps. Only issue I had with fuelab was self induced...I ran a pump dry for too long and cooked it.
Edit
Pump unused on my 07 LMM is 40402

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I've had two controllers give up on my Kennedy setup, first one under warranty the 2nd I bought. It's tied up by the brake master. Then I had one of the two pumps burn up, I was surprised it didn't catch on fire. And the harness connection for the pump got moisture in it and corroded the pins back into the wire. They've been on the truck since 2011

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Fuelab or airdog are what I recommend. Airdog has a much better mount than FASS. Fuelab is great and good customer support. Brushless motors is the way to go IMO.

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
2 on the way for the trucks being tuned , got one on my truck today , 80 miles and all is good , holds 10 PDI all the time

VENOM FUEL LIFT PUMP C/W FILTER & SEPARATOR CHEVY 6.6L DURAMAX 2001-2010​

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
I have sold way over 150 Fass pumps with my tuning , I make the truck that I tune put a Fass on befor I tune them , in less then one week they have lost 3 sales , You cant fix stupid ,The BD pump I put on is working good hold 10 PSI WOT (my new go to pump) you know at one time I had 6 of the top 20 LB7 in the 1/4 mile times

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
I still have the owners cell # of Fass I was going to give him a call but went with the BD. He told me the story with him and Air dog

Reactions: 1FastBrick

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I still have the owners cell # of Fass I was going to give him a call but went with the BD. He told me the story with him and Air dog
I am curious, What exactly was the reason they gave for not warranting your pump???

The terms are not clear about what the Limited Lifetime warranty even covers. I see a few people stating they wouldn't stand behind the electric motor and that Fass made them purchase another one...

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Well this makes me nervous. I just ordered a Fass 100 for my 06. Had an Air Dog on my 15, but went down a YouTube rabbit hole and the Fass duo had me convinced.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Personally the AirDog pumps are hard to beat and I used to be a big FASS guy. The new 5G pumps offer support for stock to ~2500hp+ (Josh McCormack did ~2700-2800whp on nitrous on the UCC dyno with a single AD2 5G-220, boost compensated). With AirDog I call my dealer rep and have instant resolution. When they shipped me the wrong pumps they instantly overnighted the proper pumps and return labels to send them back out of their pocket. I've never had that customer service experience with FASS.

I love Fuelab and Aeromotive for competition-based trucks, beyond that I think they're a bit pricey and overkill for the average user.

After the BS BD put me through on an exhaust brake kit for a 4th gen Ram I try and avoid them. Took 4 hours across 6 different calls to get someone who knew the product and could actually offer support beyond "are the lights blinking?"