Lb7 piston max hp?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Albert is exactly right. 700hp is too much for the street in most cases. Also to DD at that power obviously requires a built motor like stated.

Mark was joking with me about driving around on the big tune (1000 plus HP) saying I live dangerously like that lol.

If your referring to me in my truck you are 100% correct, I daily drive it on the 4th tune which is 1140hp at the tires and only makes 91psi boost, lol! Only reason I don't run it on 5 is because smokes a little too much for my taste for daily driving but good lord is it stupid fun! Hell, I'm already thinking about turning it up more for this springs racing adventures. Never enough, lol! Never thought I would be able to say that when I daily drive a vgt triple turbo'd single cp3 setup that has 1400hp and I'm looking for more...:spit:

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
If your referring to me in my truck you are 100% correct, I daily drive it on the 4th tune which is 1140hp at the tires and only makes 91psi boost, lol! Only reason I don't run it on 5 is because smokes a little too much for my taste for daily driving but good lord is it stupid fun! Hell, I'm already thinking about turning it up more for this springs racing adventures. Never enough, lol! Never thought I would be able to say that when I daily drive a vgt triple turbo'd single cp3 setup that has 1400hp and I'm looking for more...:spit:

Craziness :thumb: Are you seriously running the stock head though?

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
That's right, I have a Montezuma toolbox full of tools is about it.. They just heavy.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
600 isn't the fastest thing on the road unloaded but there ain't a guy I've ran into while towing that could out pull me up the hills hehehe

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
beefcake new windshield sticker for the limo.
I think if I were to do a build its carrillos, delipped lb7, key cam and crank, valve springs, maybe hand polish the ports in the heads and call it a day. Not convinced new cranks and different cam makes them live, then again I've never sat in one with at fire cam. I do know mine idles like crap...should probably look into that

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
RIGHT!!! Back in the day if you came over here talking less than 1000+hp you'd get run outta this place. ;) Everyone is getting soft. :baby:

I actually MISS the days when people would come on here bragging they would run 600-700 thru a stock bottom motor, and I'd be saying, "Be careful, its on borrowed time" or something harsher b/c I lived it. Hell, we all learned something from those.

Now....nobody's trying anything anymore....everyone is a follower. Too many wannabes here.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I actually MISS the days when people would come on here bragging they would run 600-700 thru a stock bottom motor, and I'd be saying, "Be careful, its on borrowed time" or something harsher b/c I lived it. Hell, we all learned something from those.

Now....nobody's trying anything anymore....everyone is a follower. Too many wannabes here.

Some of us just have too much going on now to deal with the trials and tribulations of a built truck. I'm on my way offshore to go grouper fishing right now, boat holds more water to me now so to speak. Lol. I'll be back into it once my boy gets a few more years on him, I'm sure I'm not alone in that...:hug:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My truck will never see anything other than a stock crank. I can window a lot of junkyard short blocks for the price of a Callie's crank. I probably wouldn't even balance the rotating assembly with a set of rods, just knife edge the crank to make up the difference :D Now if I had a dedicated race truck, different story.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL

We were talkin about my truck lol. I promise I'll leave it on the 750hp tune:angel: