Injector hold down bolts

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Where can a guy find new oem injector hold down bolts? I'm hesitant to reuse mine on my new engine since I have already "reused" them probably 5 times.

Not looking to go with billet holds down at this time. I'd rather wait for a stocker to fail first.

Are there any other bolts people have used? Grade 12.9 allen head bolts maybe? I have access to a massive bolt bin of top grade/quality fasteners. Just curious if it's either oem or billet hold downs or if there is something else people have used with good luck...

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I had a local dealer order some for me. They cost a little over 4 bucks a piece.

If you do use bolts you have access to make sure they are conical.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I agree with Harbin. I just went through this with my built motor in October. I was lucky and it didn't torch the head.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I lifted #3 last night, no fuel coming out just a slight tic and air pushing out. It was an old hold down and bolt. I was going to wait until I built my motor to get the billet set but I guess I'll order them sooner than that.

Funny how there was a few of these threads to pop up and I lifted one of mine FML.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I lifted #3 last night, no fuel coming out just a slight tic and air pushing out. It was an old hold down and bolt. I was going to wait until I built my motor to get the billet set but I guess I'll order them sooner than that.

Funny how there was a few of these threads to pop up and I lifted one of mine FML.

Just be glad you didn't break a injector or torch a head! You just got a friendly warning! Ask sting what a pushed injector will do in a hurry.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Just curious because I don't know. But how will the head become damaged?

It torches the part where the copper washer seats down and can screw a head pretty good. I was lucky enough mine just torched it a bit and didn't screw the head or injector. 30,000 psi can make for a good torch head.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
You guys are scaring me. I've been lucky this long so before I go compounds or add more fuel, I'll definitely do billet hold downs.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I pushed mine and raced at least one full pass then I had a slow et race I did on it to before I noticed all the blow by and thought I shit a pistons new bolt a good used hold down and still going so meh I'll do billet if I pull the motor for something or I get money to burn on it.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I lifted one with OEM bolts.. I put 8.8 bolts with washers back in. No problems
I replace rocker shaft bolts with ARP bolts not studs.. They are cheaper than OEM as well