Injector hold down bolts

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I lifted one with OEM bolts.. I put 8.8 bolts with washers back in. No problems
I replace rocker shaft bolts with ARP bolts not studs.. They are cheaper than OEM as well

I do already have arp rocker arm studs. I saw the arp bolts but like the studs better.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
With a lower compression motor, there is less cylinder pressure right? So technically a lower comp. motor would be better on stock hold downs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I'm just giving out the info that I have personally used many times on the original OEM bolts and have not lifted an injector, yet. Been reused a dozen times and I am not a retard that puts so much lube on the bolts that it hydraulic locks the bolt from seating all the way. I'm sorry but that takes a real crappy mechanic to be that dumb about how bolts work.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Ran the stock hold downs on the new motor even with the compounds and all has been well. But I've got some big fuel going in right now so I said screw It and picked up a set of PDM billet hold downs and arp bolts from industrial injection. Good feeling not having to worry about it anymore.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ran the stock hold downs on the new motor even with the compounds and all has been well. But I've got some big fuel going in right now so I said screw It and picked up a set of PDM billet hold downs and arp bolts from industrial injection. Good feeling not having to worry about it anymore.

Are those washers beveled like the head of a stock hold down bolt? Would they work with a stock hold down even?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So I wonder what happens if you "break or lose" them?:D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Are people actually bending the stock hold downs or just bending/breaking the bolts?