LB7: II Silver bullet. Questions!

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
I am looking at pulling the trigger soon on II silver bullet. For some reason, maybe just pure bad luck? I keep snapping the shaft that coonects the linkage to the wastegate door in the exhaust housing. So essentially the whole door just gets spit down the down pipe and the truck makes no boost. Twice now it has happened, so I decided to just do studs and the silverbullet. My only concern is rods. My truck has 107k on it. I plan to stay with all stock fueling. Current set up is just basic. EFI, trans, and Fass. Should I have any reason to worry about my motor on stock fueling With the silver bullet. I am not planning on having the truck retuned, as it has plenty of fuel now. So should I worry about the extra air hurting my motor or am I thinking to much into it? Thanks in advanced guys!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I ran that as a single and I now run it in a twin set up you are going to need more fuel and you're going to have to be re tuned you can stay with stock sticks but the extra air will make your egts get real hot I wouldn't necessarily worry about the rods your tuner can keep the turbo under 700 horse or around 600 650 somewhere in there it's a great turbo and you will love it.

Last edited:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I am looking at pulling the trigger soon on II silver bullet. For some reason, maybe just pure bad luck? I keep snapping the shaft that coonects the linkage to the wastegate door in the exhaust housing. So essentially the whole door just gets spit down the down pipe and the truck makes no boost. Twice now it has happened, so I decided to just do studs and the silverbullet. My only concern is rods. My truck has 107k on it. I plan to stay with all stock fueling. Current set up is just basic. EFI, trans, and Fass. Should I have any reason to worry about my motor on stock fueling With the silver bullet. I am not planning on having the truck retuned, as it has plenty of fuel now. So should I worry about the extra air hurting my motor or am I thinking to much into it? Thanks in advanced guys!

I wouldn't. I have the same miles, stock fueling, no head studs or gaskets and I've been running mine since October. I haven't put a ton of miles on it but so far I haven't had any issues. You may want to get it tuned so you can have good driveablility. I've only pulled an empty car trailer but there were no issues.

I feel its a good turbo and Henry's a great guy to deal with.:thumb:

Yellowchevy

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I can't think of a good reason to not get it retuned, every turbo is different and you'll want the correct tuning to go with what you have. Trust me you'll really appreciate the drivability of the truck with the right tune.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
I hope to find time to finish my install this weekend and I'll report back how it runs with stock fuel system. My LLY has 220k so we will see how she holds up...

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
Its been sitting in the shop tore apart for over a month now. I've got about 6-7 hours into it but I havn't had time to finish it up. I've been working out of town and when I'm home I've had other things to do unfortunately. I just have to run the oil feed line, put on the driverside dip stick, put the up pipes and downpipe on and she will be ready. Install went pretty easiy so far. Thank god for flex head ratchets:hug: I wouldn't want to do one without them

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks for the input guys! Only reason I didn't really think it would need retuned is because my freind has the HTT ss. He has all the same mods and exact same tuning as me and never retuned the truck after charger. It lights just as well as stock, and pulls super hard. Especially from 60 and up! But can't argue with all the input here, guess I'll have it retuned! Anyone have any idea why I keep snapping my wastegate doors off on stock chargers? Boost spikes or what?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I've got stock injectors and CP3 while running stock head bolts; I'll had no issues so far. Your tuning and driving style play a big factor in popping head gaskets, I feel anyway.

I drove mine last night for the first time in awhile and I love hearing the sound of the turn whistling :woott:

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Dont worry about studs till its time to worry about them other wise your replacing them for no reason and i know of people runing this turbo such as Russ yellow chevy and they dont have any problem.To get the most out of the 366 you would want a 2xcp3 but it will run just fine on stock fuel just have to keep the rail pressure to whaere it wont drop which means keeping the tunes a little lighter then if you had more furel .

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Dont worry about studs till its time to worry about them other wise your replacing them for no reason and i know of people runing this turbo such as Russ yellow chevy and they dont have any problem.To get the most out of the 366 you would want a 2xcp3 but it will run just fine on stock fuel just have to keep the rail pressure to whaere it wont drop which means keeping the tunes a little lighter then if you had more furel .

I've been leaving my pickup on my race tune since January and haven't had any problems, granted I've only driven it 2 times since then:D. As long as you're smart with the way you drive and don't beat on it too bad you'll be fine.

I've got a turbo pedestal to port/polish for certain someone when we get state side the beginning of June.:D Once we get settled in our new place I'll be porting/polishing the 366 to get more efficiently, I know it's there :thumb:.

Yellowchevy

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
Just ordered mine from DieselX! Can not wait! I'm looking at bills custom intakes? Anyone else have one? How is fit and finish?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Your gonna love that turbo.

I had a bills intake the filter and the intake tube were very nice the tin air bow left a lot to be desired IMO.Other then that the steel intake will really resonate the turbo whistle nicely.

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
Alright, I need a measurement! Bought dieselx install kit of course, need a measurement from where the pedestal sits on the valley up to the flange? Can anyone help me out? I want to have Wehrli build me an intake. Thanks