LB7: II Silver bullet. Questions!

Pizza bob

May 25, 2013
Stage 2 turbo ???????
I have a 2008 duramax with a banks intake and banks exhaust with a ppe hot tuner my question is can I install a stage 2 turbo without any other mods and if so will it be worth the money to do it
As you can prob tell i am a new diesel owner and do not know a lot about them but so far I love my diesel

Ruffneck Dmax

May 24, 2013
Saint Marys, PA
Hey guys I got a question. I just ordered a II silver bullet and I was wonder what size the intake horn is with the install kit is? And what intake system you are running with this turbo? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Hey guys I got a question. I just ordered a II silver bullet and I was wonder what size the intake horn is with the install kit is? And what intake system you are running with this turbo? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The kit for an Lb7 should include 3.5 to 4 inch intake horn to adapt from the turbo inlet (4inch) to 3.5 (Stock or aftermarket intake)whoever you bought it from it is a 1 stop shopping and there should be nothing else to buy.

Now if you have something like a Bills custom intake thats 4 inch already i have seen guys take a 4 inch mandral bent exhaust elbow and cut it to match the lenght of the intake horn and install that so you can have a complete 4 inch intake.

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
The turbo is on and singing. As for the intake, I had Jason at Wehrli fab build me a 4in intake! Truck runs great and cleans up everybit of fuel I got. Think I'm going to need some new clutches in the tranny though, as I was able to limp it accompanied with a p0777. But hell, no reason to let a little money stand between me and happiness lol

Ruffneck Dmax

May 24, 2013
Saint Marys, PA
That's good I plan on doing 30% overs I have a PPE stage 5 waiting to go in and an airdog 2 on the way I don't really plan on building the motor. do you think I can get away with this setup safely? And is there any other supporting mods I should do?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Whether or not your rods will live will be in your tuners hands.A well tuned 366, to make the most of it you will need 2 cp3s or a bigger single pump but your not going to have to worry about that till you put some rods in.Ask your tuner if he wants you to install a drive pressure gauge, the more info he has he better he can tune your truck.As for supporting mods I think your good on the motor and you have a good trans in the works.Do you have tierod sleeves and cognito steering braces? Your gonna if you don't.

spool1n

Feb 15, 2011
Spool on mine with all stock fuel, except for a fass. Is just a shade slower than stock. Pulls super hard though for stock pump and sticks though. Lol

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Sleeves and cognito steering braces or your front end will hate you 1st 4x4 launch.Also if your going to the track lower your front torsion bars as much as you can so the front axles are level or as close as you can.

Ruffneck Dmax

May 24, 2013
Saint Marys, PA
Spool on mine with all stock fuel, except for a fass. Is just a shade slower than stock. Pulls super hard though for stock pump and sticks though. Lol

You got any numbers on what your putting down?

Blk smoke lb7 I subscribed to your YouTube channel and is installing yourself all that hard you make it look pretty easy lol but I've never really done anything like this before. Is it too difficult for a noob like to do?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Dynos are for tuning only not saying I don't have respect for guys throwing down big #s but it's all in the guy running it.I'm concerned about how fast it goes down the 1/4.but in real numbers you should be around 600 easy and with more fuel 650 675 maybe.Your really gonna love that II 366 tho.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You got any numbers on what your putting down?

Blk smoke lb7 I subscribed to your YouTube channel and is installing yourself all that hard you make it look pretty easy lol but I've never really done anything like this before. Is it too difficult for a noob like to do?

Sorry didn't see this.Are you mechanical? It really isn't that hard, I'll have to go back and watch the video again and make sure but you have to have the tools to do the job also. I'll pm you my number and if you have any problems feel free to call me.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I don't think swapping out turbos is that bad. The first one should take you a full weekend, 2 days; maybe 3 depending on how the up pipe and down pipe bolts are.
I'd get a long 3/8" & 1/2" flex ratchet, good 12 point sockets, top side creeper, locktite freeze & release, and some good penetrating fluid.
The top side creeper isn't a must but it makes it alot easier.

Yellowchevy