Home made race twins , Finally running !!!!!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
looking pretty good! if i were you, i would paint the turbos that candy green, and do the piping in purple and use black boots:thumb:

ya due to that color scheme you have you gotta do something with those turbos:D

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Ha ya , i had to fab it by myself :eek: I had to break out the over head hoist to hold it up , but I also mounted it with a t-6 inlet flange that has a mount tab so i can pull the turbo and leave the exhaust in and out all hooked up , by just removing the exhaust housing v-band and slipping the turbo out !

:rofl: I dont blame ya, in fact thats a good idea when mine's time comes:D

When mine arrived, i thought, Oh cool my turbo is here, as I proceeded to drop a new nut as i picked it up fast, unexpectinglly:spit:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
looking pretty good! if i were you, i would paint the turbos that candy green, and do the piping in purple and use black boots:thumb:

i think black turbos would put a kabash on the whole color scheme. BTW Trent, what size piping are you using for the coldpipes and the hotpipe?

hot pipe is 4" and the charge pipe is 3.5 , intercooler pipes are going to be 3" maybe 3.5" on the hot side because i have alot of extra bends . what are you guys thoughts on 3.5" intercooler pipes ? not sure there is any benifit or not ?

ya due to that color scheme you have you gotta do something with those turbos:D

Both Compressor covers are going to get powder coated , dont know what scheme yet , originally the turbo's were going to be black , the air pipes green and the exhaust pipes were going to be black or the VHT silver / satin color or what ever you call it, depending on what they get coated with and who does it I guess If i am short money i will just paint then flat black with high temp paint and just powder coat then turbo's and air pipes.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
After looking at the pics for a bit I almost think the turbo's green, hot and charge pipes black, and the inter cooler pipes and y bridge green would look good , not sure i could do that much purple under there any one got Photo shop for experimenting :D

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
hot pipe is 4" and the charge pipe is 3.5 , intercooler pipes are going to be 3" maybe 3.5" on the hot side because i have alot of extra bends . what are you guys thoughts on 3.5" intercooler pipes ? not sure there is any benifit or not ?

I think 4" is a tad big for the length of hotpipe you have, 3-3.5" would probably light the s510 easier. but, what do i know... i just mow lawns, plow snow, and run dyno cells at GM :D[/COLOR]Both Compressor covers are going to get powder coated , dont know what scheme yet , originally the turbo's were going to be black , the air pipes green and the exhaust pipes were going to be black or the VHT silver / satin color or what ever you call it, depending on what they get coated with and who does it I guess If i am short money i will just paint then flat black with high temp paint and just powder coat then turbo's and air pipes. my reply in red

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I think 4" is a tad big for the length of hotpipe you have, 3-3.5" would probably light the s510 easier. but, what do i know... i just mow lawns, plow snow, and run dyno cells at GM :D[/COLOR]

To be Honest I just went with what the other big twinned trucks were using and that on my S480 kit it had a 3.5" hot pipe and worked with out issue and this one flows more on the exhaust side so figured .............., also didnt seem right to take and bush down the outlet of the S475 I guess if i have spooling issues I can try a few different size's.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

I like the idea of 3.5" isnt the outlet on the I/C 3" though?

Also,Burns has some nice oval tubing if needed

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Looks awesome as always!!! You need to look into the van water pipe. It routes different (curves forward instead of towards the back) than the ones on the trucks. It'd REALLY be nice for bringing the intake in from the driver's side. It almost lets you reah down to the cp3 in the valley with it swapped out. :eek: I'd recommend it. :thumb:

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Looks awesome as always!!! You need to look into the van water pipe. It routes different (curves forward instead of towards the back) than the ones on the trucks. It'd REALLY be nice for bringing the intake in from the driver's side. It almost lets you reah down to the cp3 in the valley with it swapped out. :eek: I'd recommend it. :thumb:

Pics?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
That looks bad ass:thumb:. If you ever come dowm with Dmitri bring them pipes and we can redo them if ur still not happy.

Its not that i cant build anything different just at this point i am choosing what i think will flow the best VS what i think would look good from a cosmetic stand point .

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Wouldnt that hit the 2nd CP3? If not, it sounds like another van part could help truck builds.