Home made race twins , Finally running !!!!!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Why you reversing the intercooler flow? Doesn't seem like there's much room to snake the cold side pipe down into the valley between the secondary turbo inlet and the coolant pipe, fuel lines, wiring, etc on the drivers side valve cover.

It'll be interesting to see how the setup works for you.

I dont see much difference either way?

maybe just me?

Nick how much $$$ for the garrett?

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
Are you making new y-bridge or all new manifolds because you turn air flow?
New intake and manifolds are in progress in my truck now when blower will be gone and I have some space there.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
What led you to pick the S500 Trent?

what else can you get thats 95mm for 1700 bucks :D

Where is the Y bridge? is it turned around and I just didnt see it?
dont have it in yet Simon , it is at a buddies getting a 3" pipe welded to it .
Man that turbo is big:D I like the lil turbo facing that way:thumb: Hard to tell how much room is there to fit the intercooler pipes... but I like it

Plenty of room , I could fir 3.5 - 4 " pipe if i wanted too .

Why you reversing the intercooler flow? Doesn't seem like there's much room to snake the cold side pipe down into the valley between the secondary turbo inlet and the coolant pipe, fuel lines, wiring, etc on the drivers side valve cover.

It'll be interesting to see how the setup works for you.

I liked the way the tubing layed out in my head setup that way plus i had never seen it , it also made it so there was a lot less sharp bends, also with the cold pipe on the drivers side it doesn't have to pass all the piping that holds heat ( hot pipe , second turbo , charge pipe , ect ) after intercooling , it will pass it all before the intercooler this way so ? , there should be plenty of room , if not i don't have to change a thing to flip it back to normal .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
What led you to pick the S500 Trent?

Plus Gillet Diesel has a "Hybrid" named the "Phat Bastard Killer " I believe it flows 170 lbs per minute :D it is a drop in replacement for the S500 that is alot bigger than this one , i will be swapping too it once I have some more $$ , I didn't have the coin to start out with it from the get .

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Plus Gillet Diesel has a "Hybrid" named the "Phat Bastard Killer " I believe it flows 170 lbs per minute :D it is a drop in replacement for the S500 that is alot bigger than this one , i will be swapping too it once I have some more $$ , I didn't have the coin to start out with it from the get .

LOL i love it the "Phat Bastard Killer"

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:thumb: Lookin Killa buddy! The green machines gonna scream!

Only sucky part of the S series turbos....they are some HEAVY bastards:rofl: Good lord my S472 weighs a ton! I bet that S500 is insane heavy! Cast iron monsters:spit:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
$$$$$$ biggest bang for the buck, 1/2 the price of a garrett. Trent, no airfilter?

I am going to have a 5" "tube" going out through the headlight area and will have a mouth piece of some sort ( decorative ) ,then in the front of the mouth piece i will have a fine mesh screen is all , and then make a sealed cover to put over it for when its parked or in transport . I could get a 90 on there if i cut the bend tight but were its a race only truck I would rather suck air from outside then under hood air if i can.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
:thumb: Lookin Killa buddy! The green machines gonna scream!

Only sucky part of the S series turbos....they are some HEAVY bastards:rofl: Good lord my S472 weighs a ton! I bet that S500 is insane heavy! Cast iron monsters:spit:

Ha ya , i had to fab it by myself :eek: I had to break out the over head hoist to hold it up , but I also mounted it with a t-6 inlet flange that has a mount tab so i can pull the turbo and leave the exhaust in and out all hooked up , by just removing the exhaust housing v-band and slipping the turbo out !

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I am going to have a 5" "tube" going out through the headlight area and will have a mouth piece of some sort ( decorative ) ,then in the front of the mouth piece i will have a fine mesh screen is all , and then make a sealed cover to put over it for when its parked or in transport . I could get a 90 on there if i cut the bend tight but were its a race only truck I would rather suck air from outside then under hood air if i can.

looking pretty good! if i were you, i would paint the turbos that candy green, and do the piping in purple and use black boots:thumb: