Frame distorsion.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wonder how much of the problem you are correcting is being caused by the lift?

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
UPDATE: I have been keeping an eye on this all year long......The last pull I went to was a very hard,long,slow pull for my truck turning about 700rpms less than i normally see. The driveshaft was rubbing bad into the transmission......I'm doing this bar right now and will paint the drive shaft to see if this happens tomorrow:D

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
At the last pull my front axle yoke chewed on my motor plate. I really think the Diff is what is moving.

Attachments

• dooh.jpg
    dooh.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 148

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I think you are right John.....I pulled last night and the driveshaft still got into the tranny. Not near as bad but its still a problem

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pull last night

I think the old man showed you how to get down the track! He looked pretty good when he finally got it going. Tell him congrats for taking home some money. Jeff

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So how do we go about strengthening the DIFF mounts to keep it from moving??

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You guys should try getting a cable or chain and strapping your motor down. That might fix the problem.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think the train had solid engine mounts did it not? It had this issue.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
would semi solid work?? something to restrict the total stretching of the motor mount but still allow it to compress freely?? used something similar on my bbc in the el camino to keep the intake lid off of the hood. restricted upward and rotational movement of the motor.

dont know if this'll work in you guys application but.......:)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
We bolted the mounts in Simon's race truck like that Wes. It will compress but only stretches so far.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
think it'll be enough to stop the movement these pullers are seeing?? or is something needed to stop all parts from moving, ie diff, drive shafts and motor??

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Sounds like the problem is with the diff moving now, not so much the frame but I dunno.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I have bolted mounts to limit engine movement. It actually made the problem worse. I honestly think the front diff housing is twist up and in.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I will NOT say that the front end is not moving. I am trying to put my hands on a camera for the next pull to watch. What I do have knowledge of is while my truck was on Dunbars dyno, you could see the tailshaft move towards the driver side. It was very clear to us. I am not bashing the B & B bar but this is why I have not installed it yet either. I think it is a combination of events occuring: Front diff moving, frame distortion, drive train moving. I can tell you the B & B bar reduced the contact. We'll get it figured out one day

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I will NOT say that the front end is not moving. I am trying to put my hands on a camera for the next pull to watch. What I do have knowledge of is while my truck was on Dunbars dyno, you could see the tailshaft move towards the driver side. It was very clear to us. I am not bashing the B & B bar but this is why I have not installed it yet either. I think it is a combination of events occuring: Front diff moving, frame distortion, drive train moving. I can tell you the B & B bar reduced the contact. We'll get it figured out one day

We usually do don't we!!

I am wondering how bad mine will be with the 6" lift if you guys are having trouble with only 4" lifts and less!!

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
We usually do don't we!!

I am wondering how bad mine will be with the 6" lift if you guys are having trouble with only 4" lifts and less!!

Also I must say that mine has NOT touched......yet
You may not, it seems the 4" lines the driveshaft up perfectly to hit.
The "train" never did it before the lift & I haven't noticed the "higher" lifts doing it HOWEVER the "higher" lifted trucks are not getting as much HP hooked up either

Last edited: