Fleece Performance 2004.5-2007 Duramax PowerFlo In-tank Lift Pump?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Anyone have any experience with one of these yet? I'm leaning towards this lift pump for my truck, might wait to see if there's another black Friday deal.

They are great pumps. I’ve installed a few and been happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That’s why I didn’t go with them on my LMM after my MITUSA finally went. Fleece didn’t want to answer me on flow data and stuck to “It’s for up to 800hp”. I explained the 12mm cp3 I was running at 700hp needed 40gph at idle and 135gph at 4500rpm and they said a 12mm is for 1000hp so theirs isn’t a good fit. Ok fine lol.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Sounds like a junk design :poke: :D

Do they outsource, or build their own? I remember when Cat released a study, 90+% of fuel system failures are caused by contamination of over 5 microns. At least I think that was it 🤣
Yes they do. And I’ve changed more clean fuel modules and broken/cracked fuel filter housings than I care to mention in our fleet. And of course there’s miles of harness and a bunch of sensors that like to give grief causing derated and whatnot. Typical over engineered cat junk. Their injectors and HP fuel pumps do last longer than the competitors do though. Usual just the FCA (equivalent to our FPR) fails and is easy to change.

That said I still much prefer working on our Tier 2 MTU’s.

I wonder why Fleece never made an LB7 equivalent. I know of lots of guys who would go this route over an external lift pump simply to just get a new sending unit same time.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Cool. I wonder what the specs are for real on these pumps they use?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Looks like a stock LB7 fuel basket with an LS-style pump and a fancy aluminum top. Hell, you'd think one of us could make something like that.

Sorry, Im no longer into paying huge money for gourmet diesel parts.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Looks like a stock LB7 fuel basket with an LS-style pump and a fancy aluminum top. Hell, you'd think one of us could make something like that.

Sorry, Im no longer into paying huge money for gourmet diesel parts.
If I recall correctly they're using 2x OEM 6.7L Cummins gerotor supply pumps. I know they run dual pumps, just forgot which models.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Some of there dodge offerings appear to have a dual pump.
Agreed, I'm saying they're using 2x of the newer gerotor pumps in all of their lift pumps regardless of make. They're changing pressure per application.

chevymec

Aug 8, 2020
If the pump stops working, will vacuum still pull through it or will the truck be dead in the water?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Anyone know if a guy was to splice a sending unit connector off an LLY/LBZ into an LB7 harness could he use an 04.5-07 Fleece pump? I'd eventually like to change my filler neck and vent setup to a later year classic style so I can jam the big filler nozzle in it. And I need a lift pump so if I could do it this would get two birds stoned at once. Just unsure if the wiring is the same and if all they changed was the style of connector or what.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Anyone know if a guy was to splice a sending unit connector off an LLY/LBZ into an LB7 harness could he use an 04.5-07 Fleece pump? I'd eventually like to change my filler neck and vent setup to a later year classic style so I can jam the big filler nozzle in it. And I need a lift pump so if I could do it this would get two birds stoned at once. Just unsure if the wiring is the same and if all they changed was the style of connector or what.
The fuel level sensor connector I believe is the same but you will need to change the reading in your ecm tune as the LB7 sensor reads backwards compared to LLY/LBZ as I’ve had to do that in any engine swaps.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The fuel level sensor connector I believe is the same but you will need to change the reading in your ecm tune as the LB7 sensor reads backwards compared to LLY/LBZ as I’ve had to do that in any engine swaps.
Changing the table around is NBD but looking at the pics on Fleece's site the connectors look different. Been a hot minute since I've been intimate with either one though so not sure. If they are different then my original question still stands.

Attachments

• LB7.jpg
    LB7.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • LBZ.jpg
    LBZ.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Talk about spacing it this morning. Shows what happens when I answer before finishing my coffee.

I know if you do not change the chassis side wiring harness you have to invert the fuel level sender when engine swapping (IE LB7 to LLY and retaining the OEM underhood fuse box of the LB7).

I do not know if swapping the connector has any adverse effects, I would assume it's not an issue as the wires go to the exact same location and provide the same reading.

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Agreed, I'm saying they're using 2x of the newer gerotor pumps in all of their lift pumps regardless of make. They're changing pressure per application.
Anyone know of a good part # for the Dodge lift pumps? I tried a quick search but found the assemblies (bracket, bucket, pump, etc...) and not just the pump.