Farming Vids/Pics...post em (56k nono)

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Im not a farmer, but have a few horses and a few acres of ground thats all, But i work on farms across three states here every day working on and servicing almost anything on a dairy farm, other than feild equipment!

Heres a pic of typical style milking parlor I do maintance/service work on every day!!

Attachments

• BlueDiamondGEGI.jpg
    BlueDiamondGEGI.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 64

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Im not a farmer, but have a few horses and a few acres of ground thats all, But i work on farms across three states here every day working on and servicing almost anything on a dairy farm, other than feild equipment!

Heres a pic of typical style milking parlor I do maintance/service work on every day!!

:eek: Wow they have changed a lot in the last 40 years. How many are typically on each side now? We had 10 on each side iirc and go 24/7 just enough time to clean the milk house twice a day.

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
:eek: Wow they have changed a lot in the last 40 years. How many are typically on each side now? We had 10 on each side iirc and go 24/7 just enough time to clean the milk house twice a day.

Say it ain't so Kat worked or lived on a dairy. I impressed. :D

You should see some modern dairys that milk tens of thousands of cows.

Some have carousel's that will milk 80 to 100 at a time.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Say it ain't so Kat worked or lived on a dairy. I impressed. :D

You should see some modern dairys that milk tens of thousands of cows.

Some have carousel's that will milk 80 to 100 at a time.

Yup :D Born and raised and lived on a dairy until I was 40 :eek: My Grandma sold the land 4 years ago. Went from living on 110 acres which is a lot for California to 1/2 acre.

I still miss the cows and not having neighbors.

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
Yup :D Born and raised and lived on a dairy until I was 40 :eek: My Grandma sold the land 4 years ago. Went from living on 110 acres which is a lot for California to 1/2 acre.

I still miss the cows and not having neighbors.

That's cool. Did you teach McRat how to milk.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
That's cool. Did you teach McRat how to milk.

Nah. It was bad enough I told him if he wanted to marry me, he had to move on the dairy.

Here is my cow Jessica, that I showed in 4-H from 9 to 18. She didn't make the dairy a dime :eek: But, she was my showmanship cow. My Grandpa wanted me to show some of his Holsteins. But, I guess I was even struburn when I was kid :eek: She was more of a big dog then a cow. I used to take her off her lead rope and let her follow me around and watch the people freak out :joker:

katgermany.JPG

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Nah. It was bad enough I told him if he wanted to marry me, he had to move on the dairy.

Here is my cow Jessica, that I showed in 4-H from 9 to 18. She didn't make the dairy a dime :eek: But, she was my showmanship cow. My Grandpa wanted me to show some of his Holsteins. But, I guess I was even struburn when I was kid :eek: She was more of a big dog then a cow. I used to take her off her lead rope and let her follow me around and watch the people freak out :joker:

katgermany.JPG

WHAT does that sign say??? lol

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
WHAT does that sign say??? lol

:rofl: Well not only did they have the dairy, but a fertilizer plant also. Since I had the only tame cow, we both got volunteered. I guess that was better then sacking shit in the summers which I did to earn money :rofl:

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
:rofl: Well not only did they have the dairy, but a fertilizer plant also. Since I had the only tame cow, we both got volunteered. I guess that was better then sacking shit in the summers which I did to earn money :rofl:

That's what I thought! Making sure my contacts weren't messed up! :eek:

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA

In our area here a 2x8 ,2x10 and 2x12,s are the most popular but out you guys way they are getting into 2x40 and 2x50's:eek: rottarys and robot milkers are starting to take off now to! our biggest out here is a place that milks in a 4x12 parolor with 10 robots helping!!!!

04llygmc

Jan 10, 2007
Argos, Indiana

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Kat here are a couple of videos for you the first is Fair Oak Farms in Indiana. They milk 30,000 cows in ten barns. They have turned the dairy into a tourist attraction as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCqFtkcxzHQ&feature=related

This next one is a good shot of a rotary carousel. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Qyizlh1ik

Thanks. Interesting how things change. Now I just have find one of those Robot's Caleb was talking about

This is similar to how our barn was set up at point .06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTCMj3Gnig

OK just one more pic of me and Jessica

katcowa.JPG

I'm reminding myself of all the old people that used to tell me stories at the fail :eek::rofl: