EFI Live Tuning Guru's, I need help!

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
If you could flash it, its not the same issue lol..

Sent from my iPhone.

Steve the lly has the boot sector as read only and on a completely different chip.
Basically impossible to brick.
Have him pull the comb out of the comm-bus splice pack, its under the knee bolster kick area. He then needs to pull all the wires except green and purple iirc. That is the datalink connector and ecm. You basically just made a bench harness. Then see if he can flash. That will eliminate all other electronics or modules on the bus as a cause.
use autocal hooked to a laptop with scan and tune. Like moonshine said the software for lly is good.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Steve the lly has the boot sector as read only and on a completely different chip.
Basically impossible to brick.
Have him pull the comb out of the comm-bus splice pack, its under the knee bolster kick area. He then needs to pull all the wires except green and purple iirc. That is the datalink connector and ecm. You basically just made a bench harness. Then see if he can flash. That will eliminate all other electronics or modules on the bus as a cause.
use autocal hooked to a laptop with scan and tune. Like moonshine said the software for lly is good.

That's a good idea. Here are a couple of pics that might help.

Attachments

• splice pack 205.gif
    splice pack 205.gif
    27 KB · Views: 15
  • SP205 location.gif
    SP205 location.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 16

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
That works also. And in theory less chance of screw up
Maybe you can use that autocal to tune his buddiez too
U might make out here:thumb:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
It will
The most frustrating thing about autocal is teaching someone and not being there.
Takes patience.
The customer will respect you and once it works he will be confident.
He can do 8 trucks with the autocal.
When I max out the vin license in an autocal you know you are treating them right
Good luck

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I don't want to flash a tune in there if he is getting kicked off comm, trying to do this as safe as possible.