EFI Live Tuning Guru's, I need help!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It had a PPE standard but he successfully returned it to stock.

I have seen before where the programmer will not return the ECM to stock and had to get a dealer reflash, but that didn't happen here.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It began to read one time for about 15seconds and then gave him the $11 mode error, we tried it again and he was back to the $0101 again and cant get past it.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Maybe log the truck and see if the data shows stock numbers. Maybe corrupt files? No problems reading /flashing any other trucks? I know that should be able to read either way. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Maybe log the truck and see if the data shows stock numbers. Maybe corrupt files? No problems reading /flashing any other trucks? I know that should be able to read either way. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Its an autocal so this is all he has tried to read.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I had a problem reading/flashing an LLY once, and it was because of an aftermarket alarm system that I didn't know was installed on the truck. Just one more reason why LLYs suck... :poke:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Steve i called you about a similiar issue or maybe the same cant remember a couple of weeks ago when you sent me that LLY tune. What i had to do to is switch it to a lbz ecm instead of the lly. Flashed first time. Sure youve already tried this though but figured i would throw it out there:thumb:

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
I have had this same issue several times.... Can you try bench flashing it? I bought a harness and bench setup for. Problem Lly I had and after bench flashing it.... No problem.

00f3fiddy

Sep 27, 2011
My lly was a nightmare and still can be at times. I have to disconnect the batteries for a few just about every time I wanna load a new tune. Took me all day once to get it tuned. Pulled fuses and made sure I was up to date on firmware. I can't read my TCM now. Maybe it just dont like a ford guy owning it. Haha

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
where can we buy bench harnesses? i have seen them in an online store but havent been able to find them again?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I had a problem reading/flashing an LLY once, and it was because of an aftermarket alarm system that I didn't know was installed on the truck. Just one more reason why LLYs suck... :poke:

Son of a bish... I asked him about it and it does have a compustart alarm/remote start. Hard to take that out... :(

Steve i called you about a similiar issue or maybe the same cant remember a couple of weeks ago when you sent me that LLY tune. What i had to do to is switch it to a lbz ecm instead of the lly. Flashed first time. Sure youve already tried this though but figured i would throw it out there:thumb:

Must have been an 06 Mark, this is an 05 so shes a purebred lilly :woott:

I have had this same issue several times.... Can you try bench flashing it? I bought a harness and bench setup for. Problem Lly I had and after bench flashing it.... No problem.

I would try a lot of things if I had the truck here, but he is in Wisconsin, and I hate having customers run around trying a bunch of different things. :(

I have never had an issue like this where pulling fuses didn't solve the problem, bound to happen sooner or later I guess. grr. :banghead:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Son of a bish... I asked him about it and it does have a compustart alarm/remote start. Hard to take that out... :(
I ended up just popping the knee bolster and disconnecting all the power wires that were tied into the ignition switch and reconnecting the one that the alarm was spliced into. I didn't totally remove it from the truck. Took maybe 5 minutes.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I ended up just popping the knee bolster and disconnecting all the power wires that were tied into the ignition switch and reconnecting the one that the alarm was spliced into. I didn't totally remove it from the truck. Took maybe 5 minutes.

I don't know if he is the one who installed it, or the extent of his mechanical/electrical knowledge. Id hate to have him start pulling wires and immobilize the truck completely. :(

It just sucks that it cant be as easy for everyone as it is for me and many others who have no problems reading and flashing :(

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Same issue on mine... flashed perfect the first time mike threw the tunes in. Never could get it to work right after that...

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I think because alarm, and if so, we're going to have to decide what to do about that..

Im going to have him re-download everything again, and if that doesn't work then re-program the autocal, and go from there.

I've heard a trick is to keep the door open, and we tried open and closed :/