EFI Live Tuning Guru's, I need help!

plumber802

OCD Diesel Head
Mar 23, 2013
Vermont
I'm so paranoid everytime I flash with the Autocal.I make sure the batteries are charged,door shut,HVAC off,drl's off,hood shut,etc.Never had a problem yet tho.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Mike had trouble with my reg cab, I think he had to unplug my CD player because of this aftermarket chime thing, I couldn't change tunes in my truck with that box and relay in there, sure was a pita!! also, when I went to add new tunes it kept saying error and I kept trying over and over and it finally went..stupid LLYs

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I've had enough with EFIs software glitches....we have 3 computers, all different windows OS and all Dont work 100% for different reasons. I bbx read and flash everything now and luckily haven't had any issues with that.

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
I too read and flash with bbx and it has yet to fail me....I once tried to flash an lly over lunch break one time...needless to say it failed...lol Steve, my magical cure is door open and pray like crazy!!!

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I've got somebody with an LLY wanting me to flash it for him, and reading threads like this in regard to the LLY keep scaring me away from doing them. So far I have done them all except for LLY's, and never had a problem. Do the 03+ trucks have the data bus bar like 01-02's have? if so you could disconenct it and only jumper the ECM to the main bus wire and would essentially work like a bench cable.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Im worried that even if we can get a read once, when he trys to full flash the DSP OS with the Autocal, its going to fail and brick the ECM..which would be worst case scenario for me.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
He is going to try to get a dealer reflash. If that doesn't work Ive already directed him to you tony. I'll buy the autocal back and have him do an ECM swap. Do you have ECms ready to go out or would he have to send his in and wait?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I sent another autocal to NM for another guy with an LLY, if this happens to me again i'll buy both of them back, and unlink them and sell them to another tuner...and i'll never sell another autocal again. This has really upset me.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
The issues are not caused by the software, as I stated in another post on EFI-Live's forum, Paul and I worked thru this very issue when RC2, RC3, RC4 was being released.

Most issues are caused by aftermarket electronics in the vehicle, I don't see how EFI-Live is to blame when a customer has non-factory electronics that won't quiet down.

Also many people are lax in updating the software and boot block/firmware which is the main cause of most of the script errors.

Also if you don't update your BBX Read/Flash scripts in the V2 after a firmware update you get error messages.

Windows 7 and 8 require a manual update of folder permissions in order to allow the software to overwrite certain files, again, this is not EFi-Live's problem it is a issue caused by Microsoft and the way they set up the OS.

I have been involved with EFI-Live since the first beta launch, and yes there are issues and usually most are caused by the trucks electrical system.

:thumb:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
The issues are not caused by the software, as I stated in another post on EFI-Live's forum, Paul and I worked thru this very issue when RC2, RC3, RC4 was being released.

Most issues are caused by aftermarket electronics in the vehicle, I don't see how EFI-Live is to blame when a customer has non-factory electronics that won't quiet down.

Also many people are lax in updating the software and boot block/firmware which is the main cause of most of the script errors.

Also if you don't update your BBX Read/Flash scripts in the V2 after a firmware update you get error messages.

Windows 7 and 8 require a manual update of folder permissions in order to allow the software to overwrite certain files, again, this is not EFi-Live's problem it is a issue caused by Microsoft and the way they set up the OS.

I have been involved with EFI-Live since the first beta launch, and yes there are issues and usually most are caused by the trucks electrical system.

:thumb:

Yeah I hear ya, he has everything aftermarket disconnected, including the alarm at this point. He is using Windows 8.

The autocal has the newest firmware/bootblock, and I even had him re-program the BBx files to it. He got an error saying the cable didn't support pass-through and so we continued from there trying to BBR.

Ive never had a problem using pass-through on autocals in the past.

KB I'll ask about the HIDs.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Update: He went to the dealer to get a reflash and even they couldnt flash it. Time for a new ecm?

Sent from my iPhone.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
A guy here had that issue. Put a new ECM in and still didn't fix it. This is the one I told you I could flash without using a license. Really flipping strange

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
mine was doing the same thing, only way i can get it to read/flash is to pull all the fuses out and actually unhook the stereo wiring harness behind the dash to get it to work