Duramaxzak 2.6 pulling truck build

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Ed, was that the tractor guy's idea to try that CR?

Yeah but I don't blame him for trying. He has a formula for success that works. Just wish I knew it was that low all along so I could have planned the other parts accordingly. Like 300% more injector and a manual.

Sorry for the derail OP.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Ed, was that the tractor guy's idea to try that CR?

Yeah but I don't blame him for trying. He has a formula for success that works. Just wish I knew it was that low all along so I could have planned the other parts accordingly. Like 300% more injector and a manual.

Sorry for the derail OP.

I talked to them about a cam and engine, he wanted me to go super low compression too.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
No problem! That's how we learn what works and does not work from people sharing there experience's good and bad!

I have (4) 16" primaries, plus collector volume, and 3" tubes to the turbo inlet... Didn't hurt spool at all from old 2" ProFab log manifolds and 2.25" up pipes....

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_191257992.jpg
    IMG_20140822_191257992.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20140822_191246786.jpg
    IMG_20140822_191246786.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 232

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
2.6 winner with FPP here in PA, was a reg cab dually dodge Dan holnaider. He proved that you dont need a long wheelbase to dominate. Just food for thought for ya!

The holnaider brothers could win with a cozy coupe, so your argument is not applicable in this scenario muffy.:rofl:

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Put an auto in it and see if you can spool that

An auto wouldn't spool the turbo I have anyways, but you send me the 2.6" charger and I'll put an Allison in the truck and spool it...

ANY t6 charger has the same area of hole diameters going into the turbine inlet, no matter how much volume you have in between, so at 3,000 rpm on a stall converter the exhaust gases will be hitting the turbine wheel at the same velocity.

I'm 15.2:1 compression and with my cam, I'm more than confident I could make it spool, I know with the Goerend converter of my choice I could get 3200 rpm with good brakes. Can and heads have FAR more effect on spool than exhaust length or volume, length can hurt you from heat(energy) loss though...

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Probably should consider trussing the rear end while you weld er up. It will bend the axle tubes up and forward without them. I'll be interested to find out how the Yukon brand ring/pinion hold up. We have junked two different sets of AAM 3.42's, because the gearmesh is so strong on that ratio the pinion shears off and the ring gear sends it through the case. Which junks the housing along with everything else.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Probably should consider trussing the rear end while you weld er up. It will bend the axle tubes up and forward without them. I'll be interested to find out how the Yukon brand ring/pinion hold up. We have junked two different sets of AAM 3.42's, because the gearmesh is so strong on that ratio the pinion shears off and the ring gear sends it through the case. Which junks the housing along with everything else.

I have install a LPW rear diff cover with truss kit like the one pictured and will also be welding the tube's to the housing.

View attachment 36470

Last edited:

durtymax

Jun 17, 2011
Can't speak for the 3.42 gearset. But there wasn't any noticeable difference in the 4.56's