Duramaxzak 2.6 pulling truck build

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
2.6 winner with FPP here in PA, was a reg cab dually dodge Dan holnaider. He proved that you dont need a long wheelbase to dominate. Just food for thought for ya!

Yea, I know exactly who your talking about. I will see how the first season goes and go from there.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Remote mount set-up I made

I love the remote mount but that might be a bitch to spool with an auto and that large/long of a driver's side pipe.

Hard to say for sure because my compression was so low it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Good luck - looks awesome so far!:thumb:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I love the remote mount but that might be a bitch to spool with an auto and that large/long of a driver's side pipe.

Hard to say for sure because my compression was so low it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Good luck - looks awesome so far!:thumb:

Spooling is definitely a concern of mine. Can you share your experience with remote set-up problems you had?

I have 2-1/4" HSP billet manifold feeding 2-1/4" 11ga S/S tubing merged into a T-6 flange. I will be heat wrapping the pipes to help keep heat in. The turbo has the smaller .96 A/R exhaust housing on it.

Last edited:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
The A2A setup we used to run with the S474 was our first learning experience but it would have spooled more easily with a 1053 (had a 1055 at the time).

The A2W setup spooled easier with the shorter piping and the turbo in front of the engine and the looser converter. This was with a Precision 2.6.

I think my engine is a tough gauge though with the super low compression.

Attachments

• new piping.jpg
    new piping.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 252
  • turbo setup - 02 gmc w a2w.jpg
    turbo setup - 02 gmc w a2w.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 252

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Looks real good. I love those rims, just can't get over the price tag. I went with 2 1/4 tubing on mine as well, actually modified the tubing that Ed was running and just moved the turbo closer to the center of the truck. Hoping to see if it will spool soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 244

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The A2A setup we used to run with the S474 was our first learning experience but it would have spooled more easily with a 1053 (had a 1055 at the time).

The A2W setup spooled easier with the shorter piping and the turbo in front of the engine and the looser converter. This was with a Precision 2.6.

I think my engine is a tough gauge though with the super low compression.

What compression were you running?

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
looking good! IMHO i'd leave the rear brakes on you're gonna have a hard time holding it back with just the front brakes a guy up here did that and couldn't hold it back he ended up putting a pinion brake on it did the trick! good luck this season!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Who tunes your truck Zak? I have more time invested in maf limiting getting our truck to spool than any other project. Its nice when you tune yourself because its all at your finger tips any time of day.

Rich is right, if your worried about spooling, the last thing to do is take rear brakes off. You will need all the braking power you can get to hold it back, if it is actually hard to spool.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
if i'm not mistaken in 2.6 you're not aloud to stretch a frame?

Might be right. Depends on how you interoperate it?

Chassis:
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, tube chassis, etc, are prohibited.
I would just want it long enough for a long bed to fit on it. Might be considered "back half conversion" idk

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Who tunes your truck Zak? I have more time invested in maf limiting getting our truck to spool than any other project. Its nice when you tune yourself because its all at your finger tips any time of day.

Rich is right, if your worried about spooling, the last thing to do is take rear brakes off. You will need all the braking power you can get to hold it back, if it is actually hard to spool.

Duramaxtuner did tune my truck, but will more than likely be switching tuners. With your guy's advice I will be keeping rear brakes for now:thumb:

If anyone else has suggestions or tips with my set-up listed I'm all ears!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Only running front brakes, if it even holds back enough to spool a competitively-sized 2.6 charger, would put serious strain/load on the front axles. I would think it would lead to broken front end parts. Just think of the torque put on the driveline at 2500+ rpms all while not moving, using the brakes to hold it still.

We may try and just disable the rear brakes once(leaving them still on the truck) just to see if its possible. Thats a lot of weight to be lost and moved to the front.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I know a couple of guys with 2.6 trucks that removed there rear brakes, but there trucks are manual transmission's.

Might have look at making a rotor to bolt on my DHD billet yoke.

I think Andrew said they had a couple of Suncoast transbrakes being test in some 2.6 trucks. Than you wouldn't need to use the brakes to hold it back.