Duramax swapped Trailblazer SS...you might say why?...I say why not.

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada
Unless you're running slicks all the time...the problem with being light.... Is lack of traction especially with treaded tires..
6-700hp is 12-1400tq roughly..
275? wide tires will be smoke on a big down shift

Wouldn't it be easier for a lighter vehicle (4500lbs) to get traction than a heavier(8000lbs) vehicle?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Wouldn't it be easier for a lighter vehicle (4500lbs) to get traction than a heavier(8000lbs) vehicle?

Weight is increase in traction, if traction contact remains the same...And the Avg 2500 has 3-3500lbs on the rear tires with 41-4500 on the front..The TB will most likely be roughly 2-2400lb/15-1900lb F/R split with less tire. By removing ~1/2 the weight you've inherrently reduced traction.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Does anyone make a Flexible type Trans Dipstick for these? Got my trans back and knew I had forgot something important...lol. :roflmao:

I hate to bend, cut or even weld up a factory one to fit in this truck, but will if I have to.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Does anyone make a Flexible type Trans Dipstick for these? Got my trans back and knew I had forgot something important...lol. :roflmao:

I hate to bend, cut or even weld up a factory one to fit in this truck, but will if I have to.

Not that I'm aware of. They do make a drivers side tube if that will have better clearance.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I actually did search for quite a bit....GOt hits here, other forums and a few other places and I didnt see any solid info and nothing post like 2012 either. I searched BEFORE I posted here. I really hate guys that think because they see something in a search and it answers their questions, that they think it should also answer anyone elses. This mindset leads to people not posting for "fear" of being questioned or bashed and really its a forum killer.

In other words, dont be that guy....a "Search NAzi".....This is a Forum, where we interact...If we dont interact, theres NOTHING TO SEARCH. Its a catch 22.

(and for the record, the top link I saw in my search, not my cup of tea as it is still a make it yourself deal and really was lacking any useful info IMO...and the second really is about the same...SO still didn't answer the question or provide enough info for me to do anything more than I figured I will probably have to in making my own,but again....Thanks for the info.)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ah well, tried to help. Best bet is to take the OEM, carefully trim the bracket off, swap it to the driver's side, bend to fit, and reattach the bracket. You really dont want to mess with the length of the tube as the Allison is sensitive to fluid level and you sure dont want the dipstick to read wrong. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Ah well, tried to help. Best bet is to take the OEM, carefully trim the bracket off, swap it to the driver's side, bend to fit, and reattach the bracket. You really dont want to mess with the length of the tube as the Allison is sensitive to fluid level and you sure dont want the dipstick to read wrong. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

If this was in a Truck I would have more options I think, but since we are limited on tunnel space, I might have to make a shorty if I cant get some sort of pre-built flexible to work. Not sure really why I couldn't get one that secures from inside the pan with a nut to work, I might have to make a few calls Monday and see what I can come up with....Maybe I can conjure up something to work for everyone.

Trucks progressing along now pretty nicely, I wish my damn photo hosting worked right and I would post pics, but I don't want to waste time for them only to show up for a day then disappear. I still haven't had time to look into why they are disappearing.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
http://www.suncoastdiesel.com/UNIVERSAL-DIPSTICK_p_161.html

Might have to call and see if it works with an Allison
I wouldn't mind this option, but these places price themselves right out of sales(and not ot mention, where the dipstick?). I could make every aspect of that down to the CNC part and probably only have what they sell it for on the initial one....then probably 1/2 that cost or less after....I just wish these companies would be a bit more realistic on pricing. However, I have always thought Dipsticks were highly overpriced...all the flexible ones really.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm zero help, just wanted say I'm enjoying this build thread and hope the OP will continue to be a good sport about snide remarks and continue updating the progress. It seems pretty evident you're knowledgeable and capable & will probably be a helpful person to have around with good experience in the garage & on the track. :thumb:

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Question.....SInce Im new to the Diesel "Tuning" side....Will EFI Live integrate with a tablet to use as current onscreen gauges like HPT will, and allow me to log if needed from that Screen? I have a Dell Tablet with Win8 that we used for Holley EFI Gauges, but its a perfect fit to where the DD Radio is, and would be nice to have a good gauge setup all in one place vs. having a few gauges randomly in the dash area. Im trying to keep this as cleean as possible. I already have another solution for a radio that can be essentially remote mounted, so no worries there. Just curious as I would like to feed a couple of inputs into the box and output them as gauges such as DP and EGT.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'm zero help, just wanted say I'm enjoying this build thread and hope the OP will continue to be a good sport about snide remarks and continue updating the progress. It seems pretty evident you're knowledgeable and capable & will probably be a helpful person to have around with good experience in the garage & on the track. :thumb:

Oh Im good....I can take it and dish it with the best....:thumb:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Question.....SInce Im new to the Diesel "Tuning" side....Will EFI Live integrate with a tablet to use as current onscreen gauges like HPT will, and allow me to log if needed from that Screen? I have a Dell Tablet with Win8 that we used for Holley EFI Gauges, but its a perfect fit to where the DD Radio is, and would be nice to have a good gauge setup all in one place vs. having a few gauges randomly in the dash area. Im trying to keep this as cleean as possible. I already have another solution for a radio that can be essentially remote mounted, so no worries there. Just curious as I would like to feed a couple of inputs into the box and output them as gauges such as DP and EGT.
Yes. I started a thread about this while back. Just asking what devices were compatible

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk