Duramax swapped Trailblazer SS...you might say why?...I say why not.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
So I have been trying to find a dipstick for the c4500 pan I'm using or some alternative to create one but I'm at a loss up to now. I can't even find a part number for something that fits this kodiAk pan I'm using. Can anyone help me out here? :thumb:

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Call these people. They made one for me for my custom application. I gave them a bunch of details and they said no problem. It's also flexible so I can move and bend it as needed. The part # to mine was 65107800 . Hopefully that can at least get them going in the right direction.
http://www.thepartshouseinc.com/

PJFry

Sep 29, 2016
So I have been trying to find a dipstick for the c4500 pan I'm using or some alternative to create one but I'm at a loss up to now. I can't even find a part number for something that fits this kodiAk pan I'm using. Can anyone help me out here? :thumb:
Matt I'm still trying to figure out where you got the manifolds and the pan lol. Can't modify the dmax one? I don't have a 6.6 in the shop at the moment to look at lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Here's a couple pics of mine.
679232fafa4edf46c5cd3032055d2972.jpg
1dc0cbe7f2400834a2efd66b5755a2c2.jpg
945f80c3d8fc085072eed20189db5c91.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Matt I'm still trying to figure out where you got the manifolds and the pan lol. Can't modify the dmax one? I don't have a 6.6 in the shop at the moment to look at lol

No, The Dmax standard pan lower mounts in the rear and my rack on this truck is in the rear....Was no good there so we used a Kodiak C4500 type pan and Manifolds. The Kodiak manifolds hug the block tighter, and I barely squeezed the passenger one in without having to cut the shock tower....Its super Close....SUPER.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Call these people. They made one for me for my custom application. I gave them a bunch of details and they said no problem. It's also flexible so I can move and bend it as needed. The part # to mine was 65107800 . Hopefully that can at least get them going in the right direction.
http://www.thepartshouseinc.com/

Dude...Thats Awesome...Ill give them a call for sure. This has been the one part kind of baffling me short of fully making a custom one myself. Thanks man.

PJFry

Sep 29, 2016
No, The Dmax standard pan lower mounts in the rear and my rack on this truck is in the rear....Was no good there so we used a Kodiak C4500 type pan and Manifolds. The Kodiak manifolds hug the block tighter, and I barely squeezed the passenger one in without having to cut the shock tower....Its super Close....SUPER.
Don't think you'll have any heat issue up against the frame like that?

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Don't think you'll have any heat issue up against the frame like that?

Nah...Its just a single bolt head that gets close,and the worst itll do is burn some paint. If it does that, well address it over the winter. Its just a section of the stru tower thats close and open to a lot around it...I think itll be fine.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
So I left these guys a message(email) and was wondering looking at your pics...whats holding this thing in...did you have to weld a mount tab on it or something?
I'll see if I can find a pic. I use a heavy duty tubing clamp that has rubber around it. It fits the tube tight and I use a bolt hole on the engine block to fasten it too. I've never had any problems with it coming out. It's got two o-rings that seal it in the pan.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'll see if I can find a pic. I use a heavy duty tubing clamp that has rubber around it. It fits the tube tight and I use a bolt hole on the engine block to fasten it too. I've never had any problems with it coming out. It's got two o-rings that seal it in the pan.

No need for a pic...I know exactly what youre talking about....Was just curious. Hopefully they get back to me quickly, I might go ahead and call and try to expedite them making me one....I want to make smoke this weekend if all goes well. :D

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
No need for a pic...I know exactly what youre talking about....Was just curious. Hopefully they get back to me quickly, I might go ahead and call and try to expedite them making me one....I want to make smoke this weekend if all goes well. :D

SO I sent these guys a message via email....never heard a peep back so I searched and finally found the numbers for the factory stuff....Ordered it...WIll know today if it fits....I hops so. Shits getting very close to being ready to go.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Damn that's an oil pan! The pictures don't do it justice, but now that I see it mounted...Damn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Well.....I kinda Fucxed some shit up last weekend.....Dropped the motor from about 16" up while getting it onto the stand.....Broke a wheel off the hoist, broke the oil pump, dinged the oil pan rail....Thank god the pan or the turbo and piping werent on it or they would be junk and have to refab them all......a Chain Link broke on the lift chain pulling the motor for its final assembly......Lets just say I wasn't happy. Ordered a new pump and hope to have it all back together this weekend and try to wire and fire in the next week or so. (Fingers Crossed)

qNVxNUv.jpg

QEGakRG.jpg

MjyveJP.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yow. That size chain may work for an LS, but not for a 700lb Dmax. It sucks cost-wise, but parts can be replaced. Glad you are ok, Matt.