Disappointing results in Tow Tune Edge CTS

tmartin000

Feb 2, 2009
Exactly.

FWIW I ran for a year EFI tuned making about 22-24psi boost with no blocker plate and the egr codes not turned off and never had an issue. As soon as I blocked it I popped a P0401.

If it was opening it enough to make it smoke quite badly I can't see how it wouldn't code P0402.

I will try and give a point of reference about the smoke. I had an LLY in a 2500 (04.5) and pulled the same stuff and NEVER smoked like this truck. Same Tune (except my other truck had the Juice with Attitude.) My understanding is they use the same tunes, just deliver to truck differently. I looked like I was fogging mosquitos! Lay into the peddle, out the fogging came...

jgallagher450

Oct 3, 2014
Graham, Wa
For what its worth at this point when i bought my truck it had the edge cts loaded on the afe intake and a downpipe back exhaust with the egr on and it never smoked granted I had a lot of air coming in and on tow tune it would make 25 ish psi but I never had to hammer down to get it there. I did the blocker plate along with the finger stick from Kennedy diesel since edge doesn't turn off the egr. Since then I've taken the edge off I didn't really like the tunes it didn't feel to me like it was actually giving it power. I got efi live and tuned it myself and I deleted the egr completely and my tow tune I can pull 8-10k in 4th at 26psi and run 1000 degrees up a 6% hill at 60mph smoke free. I would get a intake or chop the little fin things out of the factory airbox as its just choking the truck

tmartin000

Feb 2, 2009
I just figured Id update as to the issue that caused all my problems.

1. Boost tube was loosing some air (poor fit/ clamp)
2. EGR was plugged up

Sri, I had the EGR removed and added DSP-5 and all is VERY good.

No more smoke, PLENTY of power :D