Custom Cat twin Filter setup

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Is the filter seal diameter on the separator pretty close to that of the 750?

Right now I'm running a 750 before my lift pump but I would like to add a separator and put the 750 after the pump.

Seperator is much larger that is why I used the same filter head for both filters. The 3 micron filter goes on the larger base no problem. Not sure if you could go the other way or not.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
What flow rate are these? After paying for new injectors I want something better than the AD, but that will flow enough when I get my second CP3 someday.
Nice looking set up btw

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I'm not sure what the flow rate is... You have to bush down the fittings to hook into your factory lines, so the factory lines would be the restriction. Plenty of guys have made up to and over a 1000hp with the factory lines. I feel the cat filters are superior to just about anything out there (And I get a smoking good deal on them:D). I like this setup because it will allow me room to grow with my lift pump, GPH, Brand, whatever.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Cool-thanks! I have 1/2 line all the way up to the CP3, and one day Ill get rid of the restrictive tank pickup and want to make sure the filter kit will handle what I need one day when I have money agian...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Cool thread!
Definetly gave me an idea on what to replace my stock leaky POS with! And all for around $150 with filters!
:thumb:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
The 1R-0750 is the smallest you can get and the 326-1642 is the smallest fuel/water separator for the 1" nipple. That's what we are running on. It's still better than stock filter.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
195-1068 $41.69

what did you use on the threads? gasoila?
I don't remember what its called. Its just a fuel proof thread sealant.
Do you guys recommend leaving the stock filter head on or removing it?
You can leave it or take it out... The Cat filters are a tighter micron IIRC so the factory one should last almost forever. I ditched mine to make more room for Twin Turbos and easier servicing of the fuel filters.

super nice pm sent
Part numbers at the top and thanks.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
if u guys are looking at building a set up like this i took some pic to show the filter size difference sorry i dont have the plastic bowl for the fuel/water seprator

picture.php

picture.php

as u can see the 50 filter is not much bigger than a soda can i plan on useing the 50 filters when i get the filter heads in but if u ran the 49 u could probley run it for a long time say like 50k and even that would probley be overkill