Custom Cat twin Filter setup

t_37

Dec 5, 2010
Hi

Do you have a part # for the filter heads so I can order them from Toromont. SIS/ET that I have at work require a Serial number of machine to look up parts.

Thanks
Peter

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Well heck, I just finished one of my own today and didn't notice anybody else had a similar setup to mine.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I missed this one till now, definately going to consider doing one too. I'm concerned about rocks flying up, how tough is that water drain?

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
It's pretty tough but not that tough. I am adding a aluminum shield to attach to the front.

Good plan.

I'm pretty motivated on this, its time for a fresh fuel filter. The stocker is $60 - $100 CAN and the CAT 749 is $22 :confused:

I change them pretty regular (6000 - 7000 miles) so the sooner the better.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
If you delete the factory head you need to add a way to bleed the air out of the system. I think with the filters back close to the tank its easy to trap air in the tops of the filter head. I have had to crack the filters with the pump running to get the air out. A simple valve coming out of one of the plugs in the filter head will solve this, just need to get it done.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Good plan.

I'm pretty motivated on this, its time for a fresh fuel filter. The stocker is $60 - $100 CAN and the CAT 749 is $22 :confused:

I change them pretty regular (6000 - 7000 miles) so the sooner the better.

As big as that 749 is, you could probably run it a lot longer than that. Heck, the equipment it goes on probably uses 50-100gal a day during long hard work. Over a couple of months, that's a ton of miles you could put on a dmax before the filter even comes close to being restricted.

But I understand, its the same reason most people change synthetic oil early, just feels better!

delivered via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
If you delete the factory head you need to add a way to bleed the air out of the system. I think with the filters back close to the tank its easy to trap air in the tops of the filter head. I have had to crack the filters with the pump running to get the air out. A simple valve coming out of one of the plugs in the filter head will solve this, just need to get it done.

If you have a lift pump, you can bleed the filters at the fuel test port-- at the alternator , passenger side. The fitting has a black cap, turn on the pump, and press the schrader valve, then replace the cap. :)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
If you have a lift pump, you can bleed the filters at the fuel test port-- at the alternator , passenger side. The fitting has a black cap, turn on the pump, and press the schrader valve, then replace the cap. :)

If you have a liftpump, you don't need to bleed anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Yes, I know about this valve. However I don't have very good access to it, as my Twin Turbo piping runs across the valve. I also don't have the Gm fitting that snaps on to it, therefore when you bleed it there, it leaks all over the right front of the engine.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Very nice set up i would like to do this to eliminate the stock filter,Shouldnt be hard to plumb in some sort of valve at the engine filter housing for bleed off after it is removed.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It's not hard. I just need to make time to do it. I pretty much decided Im waiting until I change the filters again before I mess with it.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Is the filter seal diameter on the separator pretty close to that of the 750?

Right now I'm running a 750 before my lift pump but I would like to add a separator and put the 750 after the pump.