Custom Cat twin Filter setup

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I just finished my Custom Cat twin filter setup.

Specs. 160 GPH PPE lift pump, Primary filter Cat 10 Micron water separator, Secondary Cat 2 micron filter. Cat dozer rubber headlight isolators. Cat on/off switch with safety cover.

It turned out pretty good. Once I started plumbing it I realized I should have put the Pump at the back to shorten the fuel lines... Next one will be cleaner Reece :thumb:
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I need to install a oneway check valve, for if the pump dies. I have heard that some will flow fuel shutoff and some don't, walking in Alaska isn't a option, if the bears don't eat you in the summer, you freeze to death in the winter.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I would have put the pump after the separator to catch any junk before going thru the pump

Thought of that... Just wasn't sure if the lift pump would suck the fuel into the water separator? I suspect it would but needed the filter setup done to finish trouble shooting my rail pressure problems.

I have a different filter head with a hand pump primer, that will be going into Righteyeblind's truck. That is how that one will be plumbed, Primary filter-Pump-secondary filter. I will try to prime the system without using the hand pump, if it works, then I will re-plumb when I do the one way check in my setup.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
How's the in cab vibration noise with it mounted like that?

I guess that's about the only way to tuck that 749 filter all the way under the truck. That's a long beast! I've got one here on the shelf.

Nice work

sent telepathically via rooted ThunderBOLT

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
How's the in cab vibration noise with it mounted like that?

I guess that's about the only way to tuck that 749 filter all the way under the truck. That's a long beast! I've got one here on the shelf.

Nice work

sent telepathically via rooted ThunderBOLT

Not sure, this is my first PPE pump. Reece and I put a PPE on another guys truck. I will try to get both trucks together and do a comparison

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Nice. I need to get myself an ad II. Or just build one like this. What this cost if you don't mind me asking?

I work for a Cat Dealer here in Fairbanks, so I get extra special pricing:thumb:

I would guess this at about 200 without the pump, guy off the street price.

It has superior filtration to Factory, Fass, or a Airdog imop.