LML Cp4 replacement before failure

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
My understanding is that the pump is more susceptible to contamination that cause failures more easily than cp3s. They are more fragile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
X2 we see a lot of cp4 equipped Ford and GM trucks. Some closing in on or over 300k. I'd say 90-95% I know of failed from water contamination or gasoline. I only recall one lml and one 6.7 p.s. that just up and grenaded with no evidence of why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Not really a big expense compared to what a cp4 failure could be.. I did my own cp3 conversion and it's a pretty good job but I already had egr deleted so really wasn't such a huge job.. I just had to figure it all out myself because I'd never did one or messed with an injection pump but it all turned out good.. It'll be near 2 grand though if you already have tuning I believe..

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I think you can leave the truck stock with one of the kits, the others require an egr delete. I cant renember which one it is though...[/QUOTE

ok, my truck is fully deleted as well, i plan on using a new stock lbz/lmm pump,
really just looking for which kit is better quality? Also which kit is easier to install etc?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I think you can leave the truck stock with one of the kits, the others require an egr delete. I cant renember which one it is though...[/QUOTE

ok, my truck is fully deleted as well, i plan on using a new stock lbz/lmm pump,
really just looking for which kit is better quality? Also which kit is easier to install etc?

Go with the fleece kit, it comes with a cp3k and you can upgrade to a 750. They are all basically the same, its the pump that makes one better than the other so to say...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I think you can leave the truck stock with one of the kits, the others require an egr delete. I cant renember which one it is though...

I thought you had to delete EGR with any CP3 conversion kit?

That would be nice if you were able to keep EGR with one of the kits, for guys who just want to keep their truck stock.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Both require the egr deleted. Wherli kit is cheaper cost. They use Exergy pumps as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Depends if your wanting more power later or not I suppose.. It's cheaper to do a bigger pump now then to put a lbz pump in now and then later do a duel fueler..

Although I will say that would be the ideal situation, two stock cp3's..

Sent from my SM-G925V

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
I have the Fleece stroker pump and after doing the install and having to call Jason for some help I'd go with his kit if I had to do it again. Awesome customer service, excellent Exergy pump and an awesome conversion kit.

Not that the Fleece kit is poor, it's just could not get decent customer service.

I still think Fleece is great, that was just my experience for that.

Can't go wrong with Exergy.

I went with the stroker for future power goals. If you don't plan on getting the truck above 650 then no need for the stroker.