LML Cp4 replacement before failure

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Wehrli's kit is $650 and I'll check my price on a pump at the dealer tomorrow.

The truck is already deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Egr delete is alot less than that. Injectors are a lot more than that. Trucks already tuned and deleted.

It costs that much because after a cp4 failure you usually need to replace everything.

Where are you getting injectors, Pensacola?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
And if you're doing it right you're supposed to replace rails, lines, filter head, flush the tank etc, time is money. If it's out of warranty? And since its deleted already..no brainer.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Exergy has a stroker CP4 pump out in testing right now. Not sure when its going to be released to the public but I know a few that are running it and loving it.

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
I wouldn't use Pensacola injectors in a lawn mower ...there are venders selling injectors for 2k just gotta know who they are ...I've done this long enough..to know where they are ....and like I said on a stock truck its more money to delete then replace trust me

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
And if you're doing it right you're supposed to replace rails, lines, filter head, flush the tank etc, time is money. If it's out of warranty? And since its deleted already..no brainer.

It's stated to replace all that because they don't want there dealers to clean it because they don't trust them

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Exergy has a stroker CP4 pump out in testing right now. Not sure when its going to be released to the public but I know a few that are running it and loving it.

I had heard that.. Was hoping for more info on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
Go with the exergy cp3 and no more worries.

Even though exergy has a stroker cp4, I'd wait until it has enough seat time to be proven reliable.

I'm pretty sure US diesel doesn't meet the Bosch cp4 lubricity spec.

There's a good study on the lubricity of additives on diesel place, I could only find the old one from 2007 though. The newer study shows a lot more. When I find it I'll post it.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Go with the exergy cp3 and no more worries.

Even though exergy has a stroker cp4, I'd wait until it has enough seat time to be proven reliable.

I'm pretty sure US diesel doesn't meet the Bosch cp4 lubricity spec.

There's a good study on the lubricity of additives on diesel place, I could only find the old one from 2007 though. The newer study shows a lot more. When I find it I'll post it.

Why would they have designed it that way? It's not like they've just recently changed fuel specs lately?

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
Only rational response is the illuminati :p lol

It's to do with emissions.

Bosch says 460 or better. US standards on diesel is like 520 microns.

In Canada we're sittin alright, our fuel is decent. For now.

I need to find the study that shows all these numbers but I can't seem to find it on my phone. But section 2.2 and 2.3 gives a generic overview of cetane and lubricity in Canada and the US.

http://www.globalautomakers.ca/files/pressreleases/Fuel Quality in Canada - Final Report NEW.pdf

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
No time table on the cp4 from Exergy right now. As for lml Injectors I can do better than any if those prices mentioned easily.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
So is the CP4 failure do to the poor quality of fuel only? Or dose a big tune hurt it also? I'm a little concerned about my truck now.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
My understanding is that the pump is more susceptible to contamination that cause failures more easily than cp3s. They are more fragile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk