Cops....

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I've failed 2 sobriety test without any alcohol lol. Both times I had to have somebody go pick me up. Ive been pulled over 11 times since summer of09' and have gotten my balls busted but no tickets! Beleive me, i've got a good streak going:D
I don't even get nervous no mo'. I've been pulled over for speeding, wandering though the lanes, exhibition of powa', pulling over to text, tailgating a cop.... I seriously thought I would get a ticket for some of those but I used my charm and got lucky

I better knock on some hickory now because my driving most certainly hasn't improved:rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I agree 100%. :mad:
And honestly, I am starting to wonder if there is even anyone to vote for that will make it any better.

I would if there was somewhere better to go. Sadly, this is one of the better places to live in the world. Are you saying this country is perfect, nothing at all wrong with it? Is that why you'd rather people leave than try and fix a problem (that you clearly don't see as a problem)?

So instead of leaving, I do what I can to make it better. I feel that is what used to make this contry great. Instead of just being flippant or ignoring problems, people used to do what they could to make this country better.

On topic, I have seen FAR more cops being asshats than being nice. I have been harassed on my fully street legal dirt bike several times because they don't like it. Usually just get a warning, as there is nothing illegal they can write me for. I only got pulled over for a real reason once (the running light had burned out earlier that day, and I didn't know). That was a legit fix-it-ticket, but I was still treated like a criminal the whole time. You'd have thought I just raped and murdered someone from the way I was treated, basically every time I get stopped on that bike.

I got a speeding ticket back in college for 15 over once when I was only doing 5 over. Why? Because the cop thought I wouldn't fight it (he saw the school parking sticker, out-of-state plates, and knew school was out in 2 days). If he had written me for 5 over (what I did), I would have paid it. But because he lied, I fought it on principle, and won. F***er.

I've only gotten 2 tickets in my life (the "15 over" one that got thrown out, and a legit 10 over that I paid without fighting), but I've been pulled over 7+ times. I've only ever been treated like a honest citizen ONE TIME out of that. WTF!? I am always polite, even when they are rude (which is most times). Something is very wrong here when people are assumed to be scum off the bat.

Your reading too far into what i said and where did you come up with those kinds of conclusions?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
They start off all wrong.

1. Approach you with chest puffed out walking very slow.
2. Begin conversation by insinuating you are dumb and have no common sense then proceed on in condescending tone...
3. Make you wait for half an hour while they write 5 lines of info on a ticket and or dork around on their laptop hoping you have a warrant. When they realize you have none, they remember they have to meet that quota and finish filling out the ticket.
4. They finish by pretending to care..."drive safe" "slow it down".

I live in a bad city for Crime (although much of it is nice). Worse gang problem per capita than LA. More Cops episodes filmed here than any other US city. Anyways I don't envy the cop job. These guys have to deal with so much BS and lies from people trying to sell them dumb ass stories to get out of tickets. They've heard it all. And they actually do deal with sticky situations here and stick their necks out for us. So I guess I'm in the middle on this issue. I've been nailed to the wall on a ticket and I've been let off the hook on more than my fair share of them. Only ever had 1 ticket I didn't bother to fight, I deserved it. I was raised to always give them respect and say yes sir no sir. I don't bother anymore. However I do maintain the best way out of a ticket (if you know you were wrong) is admit what you did was wrong and say I won't bother with an excuse it was a mistake on my part. Has worked flawlessly every time since. A cop told me to do that BTW.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
what he said, there are good cops and the power trip cops.
I had a gun pulled on me at 16 by a female cop because i reached under my seat to pull out insurance paperwork. Seems like the ones around my town are always hoping for the "big bust"
got pulled over cause my windows looked to dark, 1 am, raining, but whatever. Of course i was polite, never disrepsected him, answered all his questions with sir. He hastled me for my HID lights, window tint, tail lights, tires stuck out to far. 45 minutes later he comes back to the truck and gives me my 3 tickets. Asks if he can ask me one more question before i go, i said sure (its almost 2 am) his exact words were "do you have any guns, knives, bombs, grenades, drugs, or dead bodies in the vehicle?"
I reply No sir, he says "may i search your vehicle" I say no sir again
Then he asks why!? This part bothered me the most. I politely said because its nearing 230 am and i work second shift as a diesel technician, and if its ok with him id really like to get home and go to sleep.
However, i wasnt comfortable with the fact he asked why he couldnt search my vehicle.

Oh and when i hit a stopped car on the interstate going 65 mph, the cop came over and first thing he said was "sir can you roll down your window so i can check your tint"
I flipped out, i just hit a lady in a civic in my 7000 pound truck and hes worried about how dark my f*****g windows are !?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I have a similar story Josh only I was the one hit. I was DDing for three friends one night. I was bone sober and took my responsibility seriously. Leaving downtown that night we were stopped at a red light. Around the corner came a POS civic hauling ass. He slammed on his brakes but was going about 30mph and couldn't stop in time.
Slammed into my truck. My trailer hitch pierced a hole in the radiator and the hood turned into an A-frame. My truck had not a scratch lol. The two guys inside were very drunk, they didn't even know what had just happened (I rushed to make sure they were ok) Airbags went off BTW. Cops came out of nowhere and immediately made me do 5 sobriety tests. Couldn't get me to fail and all the while his partner is yelling @ my passengers telling them "your buddy gave you up where's the open bottle" (my friends didn't fall for it). I was so disgusted they were hassling me and my friends after WE had just been rearended. Never asked if we were ok nothin. After I demanded a breathalyzer to prove my innocence, they obliged I passed and they said "get the F*** outta here". No accident report, no apologies for the hassle, no concern for my passengers. To this day I can't believe that went down that way. Such idiot cops. I laugh at the vivid memory of just how bad my hitch F'ed up that Civic. S*** was totalled for sure. I worry for smart car drivers....they have no prayer in an accident.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Most cops are good, but the few that are on power trips are the ones you run into all the time b/c they are out harassing the public. Had the same issue once, ask him if his tape is on, and then report him. Follow though with it. BUT you can't be confrontational. you have to be prepared to go to court over it if he gets on a real power trip.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Sir, can you please confirm your tape is on? who is the shift commander tonight? most of the time they will back off if they are out of the line, however you have to be prepared for them to go off the deep end. And you are not getting off with a warning at that point. If they guy is way out of line report it and follow though with it. But they have to be in the wrong.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
hopefully i will get the dash cam video of my buddy and me getting pulled over and us straddling the hood of the cruiser haha. And me schooling the cop on legal bac for cdl drivers lol:D

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I have no use for these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding porcelain.

of course you dont. Untill your in an accident, wedged in your car and cant move. How about when some asshole rear-ends your car and runs? Or how about when some guy breaks into your house and holds your family at gun point? Nah. No use for any officer.

ive said it before, and ill say it again. Its those guys that bitch about cops the most that are the ones screaming for help the loudest when something goes wrong. And guess who comes to help? The guy you just finished disrespecting the day before. The guy who has been on duty for 12 hours or more. The one who never knows if he is walking up to meet the last person he will ever see or just another compliant fella who forgot the speed limit.

Put yourself in a cops shoes before you bitch. Or better yet, talk to your local sherriff, and schedule a ride-along. Most county sherriffs will allow this. Go and expirience what they do all day and night long. See if you can stick with it for a whole shift. Might change some of your views.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
of course you dont. Untill your in an accident, wedged in your car and cant move. that's what firemen are for ! How about when some asshole rear-ends your car and runs? that is what insurance is for Or how about when some guy breaks into your house and holds your family at gun point? that is why we are armed and safe in our homes, 911, why bother, the perp would never make it to the hospital for his wound I would inflict Nah. No use for any officer. Nope, not in my book.

ive said it before, and ill say it again. Its those guys that bitch about cops the most that are the ones screaming for help the loudest when something goes wrong.I can take care of it myself......I don't need a cop to save me from a criminal or anyone else. And guess who comes to help? The guy you just finished disrespecting the day before. The guy who has been on duty for 12 hours or more. The one who never knows if he is walking up to meet the last person he will ever see or just another compliant fella who forgot the speed limit. They don't all, but most do have a serious attitude in need of a serious adjustment.

Put yourself in a cops shoes before you bitch. Or better yet, talk to your local sherriff, and schedule a ride-along. Most county sherriffs will allow this. Go and expirience what they do all day and night long. See if you can stick with it for a whole shift. Might change some of your views.
It might, but then again is going 5 mph over really worth busting someone's balls over ? Do cops look for trouble to fill a quota or do they just get off having the power ???

I have had limited experience with the law, I know plenty of decent cops that I respect and no I don't want their job, its that assholes that you remember and they ruin it and broadly paint you all with the asshole brush.

;)

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
ride alongs are pretty cool. I did one with the highway patrol out here in Vegas, a lot ofnfun even though the officer said he would rather be working at Disney Land.

Oh and about the seatbelt thing i said, i was only getting at the fact that if someone has been pulled over that much, i would rather put it on and save the damn money of not getting all those tickets, you guys jump on this my right bandwagon shit a little easy.

zeke38

Sep 29, 2009
Newark, IL
ride alongs are pretty cool. I did one with the highway patrol out here in Vegas, a lot ofnfun even though the officer said he would rather be working at Disney Land.

Oh and about the seatbelt thing i said, i was only getting at the fact that if someone has been pulled over that much, i would rather put it on and save the damn money of not getting all those tickets, you guys jump on this my right bandwagon shit a little easy.

I fixed the seat belt problem with 2.5% tint lol no more tickets

Sent at 120mph

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I was 110% Pro Cop for many decades. Even though I'd been hassled before.

What changed me?

A drive-by shooting (multiple passes while I was on the phone, the 911 operator heard the shots and told me to hide) took 45 minutes to respond. They are afraid of that area.

A beautiful 20'ish girl lying in a drainage ditch, bleeding out with both her legs nearly cut off. When the CHP finally arrived, he would not assist me in stopping the bleeding. He didn't want to get dirty. He let the driver who caused it go home. Didn't even give him a soberiety check.

A drunk parks on the my front lawn, and is so blazed he can't even shut the car off. The cops finally show up, and at first refuse to arrest him, and refuse to get a tow truck. Only after I got in their face did they do the right thing.

Someone breaks into our mailboxes constantly. Finally, the scumbag hurts himself doing it. The hospital calls me and says I they have some of my mail. I call the cops, the cops say it's a post office issue. I call the post office, they say it's a cop issue. The scumbag gets free medical on my dime and walks.

Some idiot is dumping their trash in front of my house. Why are they an idiot? They leave their mail and name in the trash. You guessed it, "Not My Job".

An employee steals some business checks, and is detained by security at the store when they try to pass one. The cops arrest her, and let her go with no charges.

All of these have multiple witnesses. It almost sounds like a bad movie script. But truth is stranger than fiction it seems.

I seriously have very little need for organized union police depts. For every time they do their job, I've been exposed to several where they don't want to be bothered.

As far as traffic tickets goes? In my community it's used only to generate income. Areas where there as serious accidents are ignored, but areas with hidden 35mph speed limit signs and lots of vegetation to hide in are where they hang out. I fought one of them, and it was thrown out. Why? The cops were breaking the law doing it. But no cop was cited for it.

It's a sad day when you wake up to realize that cops aren't what you were told they were. They are often folk who couldn't get a real job so must suck on the gov't teat instead.

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
of course you dont. Untill your in an accident, wedged in your car and cant move. How about when some asshole rear-ends your car and runs? Or how about when some guy breaks into your house and holds your family at gun point? Nah. No use for any officer.

When you are in a crash, wedged in and can't move... It will be me or one of my friends first on the scene. Volunteer Fire/EMS running toward the chaos not away. Cops stick around to see if any highway infractions can be written up.
When some guy pulls a hit and run on you. The cop will ask questions, and write a report. And as mentioned above might even write you a ticket while he is there for window tint.
If someone steals your truck. Call your insurance company.
God forbid, if someone holds your family at gun point... I won't even go there, be ause i have more respect for you and your family than that. I hope that never happens to me or you or anyone we know.

Ive called for actual help, and been met with this "guilty before proven innocent" list of rapid fire questions and no results. You need help, help yourself. I gave up thinking they could help a long time ago.

I fully intend to keep showing the most respect I can to the cop at my window, because I don't know how the last 12 hours have been for him. I will ALWAYS expect the same in return.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Your reading too far into what i said and where did you come up with those kinds of conclusions?
I might have gone off on you a bit too much, sorry. I'm not mad at you here, but what cops do every day boils my blood. If I misunderstood your intentions, then I take it back. I just don't see how telling people to leave if they don't like how things are is the right action. Personally, I'd rather make things better.
of course you dont. Untill your in an accident, wedged in your car and cant move. Fire department, paramedics, or volunteer search and rescue are who help here. Cops don't have the tools to do this. Best you can hope is they call the fire department. How about when some asshole rear-ends your car and runs? Most are never caught. Hit and runs happened to several people I know, only one was found, and it was an illegal alien with no insurance. They didn't do anything to them, even let them stay in the country, and got to keep their car. WTF!?! Or how about when some guy breaks into your house and holds your family at gun point? By the time the cops get there, if you can even call, it will be too late. Cops are 15+ minutes away from our farm, but a gun is seconds away. Protect yourself.Nah. No use for any officer. They do have many uses, they just don't do what people need anymore. There ARE good cops, but it seems all I ever see are the bad ones.

ive said it before, and ill say it again. Its those guys that bitch about cops the most that are the ones screaming for help the loudest when something goes wrong. And guess who comes to help? The guy you just finished disrespecting the day before. The guy who has been on duty for 12 hours or more. The one who never knows if he is walking up to meet the last person he will ever see or just another compliant fella who forgot the speed limit. I agree you don't know what they went through that day, but they can't treat everyone like scum just because. They knew what the job was when they signed up, and (at least in CA) they are paid well for it. And they are (sadly) good at avoiding the actually dangerous people, letting them continue swerving through traffic at 20 over.

Put yourself in a cops shoes before you bitch. Or better yet, talk to your local sherriff, and schedule a ride-along. Most county sherriffs will allow this. Go and expirience what they do all day and night long. See if you can stick with it for a whole shift. Might change some of your views. I've done a ride along, and they treat everyone they stop like scum, and let the actual, obvious scum go with just a warning, if they even stop them. As far as I could tell, the MO was to ticket anyone who looked like they could pay it, and let everyone else go.
Basically the same thing GMC_2002_Dmax said.

I worked for CA state parks in high school, doing maintenance. I called the rangers (who are state police) on our radio about people training attack dogs in the park (seriously, WTF!?!). The ranger shows up, and treats ME (the guy in a state parks uniform who reported it) like sucm, no better than the people with the dogs. At least he kicked them out, but no other punishment for them.

Then again, I did know 1 (of the 5+ in our district) ranger who would ticket the people who deserved it, give breaks to those who weren't endangering others, and was nice to everyone, even the criminals he arrested. I have the utmost respect for him and the cops like him. He risked his life just as much as (often more than) the other rangers, and still respected people. This shows they can be nice and effective; this is how they should all act.

I was 110% Pro Cop for many decades. Even though I'd been hassled before.

What changed me?

A drive-by shooting (multiple passes while I was on the phone, the 911 operator heard the shots and told me to hide) took 45 minutes to respond. They are afraid of that area.

A beautiful 20'ish girl lying in a drainage ditch, bleeding out with both her legs nearly cut off. When the CHP finally arrived, he would not assist me in stopping the bleeding. He didn't want to get dirty. He let the driver who caused it go home. Didn't even give him a soberiety check.

A drunk parks on the my front lawn, and is so blazed he can't even shut the car off. The cops finally show up, and at first refuse to arrest him, and refuse to get a tow truck. Only after I got in their face did they do the right thing.

Someone breaks into our mailboxes constantly. Finally, the scumbag hurts himself doing it. The hospital calls me and says I they have some of my mail. I call the cops, the cops say it's a post office issue. I call the post office, they say it's a cop issue. The scumbag gets free medical on my dime and walks.

Some idiot is dumping their trash in front of my house. Why are they an idiot? They leave their mail and name in the trash. You guessed it, "Not My Job".

An employee steals some business checks, and is detained by security at the store when they try to pass one. The cops arrest her, and let her go with no charges.

All of these have multiple witnesses. It almost sounds like a bad movie script. But truth is stranger than fiction it seems.

I seriously have very little need for organized union police depts. For every time they do their job, I've been exposed to several where they don't want to be bothered.

As far as traffic tickets goes? In my community it's used only to generate income. Areas where there as serious accidents are ignored, but areas with hidden 35mph speed limit signs and lots of vegetation to hide in are where they hang out. I fought one of them, and it was thrown out. Why? The cops were breaking the law doing it. But no cop was cited for it.

It's a sad day when you wake up to realize that cops aren't what you were told they were. They are often folk who couldn't get a real job so must suck on the gov't teat instead.
I have heard many similar stories from immediate family, including from my Dad, who is a retired cop. He was always mad at the other officers who were abusing their power, but he wasn't high enough in the ranks to do anything about it (no more than we can do, which is complain and ultimately be ignored). Ended up getting a medical retirement after herniating 2 disks in his back and bulging several more while arresting a wanted criminal the other cops wouldn't deal with. Figures. Something needs done, but I don't know what. The cops SHOULD be there to help us, but usually don't. They will avoid the real bad guys because they know they might get shot/killed.

Heck, earlier this year a guy was totally stoned and racing down our road. He went off the (perfectly straight) road and took out 300 feet of fencing. We called 911, and 15 minutes later an ambulance was there to take the driver to the hospital. ANOTHER 20 minutes later (we're only 15 minutes from town), a cop finally shows up, and didn't even want to make a report. Took us 10 minutes to convince him to write down the damage just so we could give it to our insurance. He split as soon as he handed us a copy of the report, and wouldn't get the wrecked vehicle towed. The dirt bags friends end up showing up to get the vehicle, and in the end we had to load the wreck up for them... :confused:

Last edited:

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Hot damn, you guys should really elect some new officials, cause all of that, that you state is totally different where im from. Generally there is a deputy within 20 minutes of anywhere in the county, and the paramedics are generally about 60 minutes out, same with fire dept. Just yesterday a fella had a heart attack on the road, deputy there in 15, LIFE FLIGHT there in "under 80 minutes". guess deputys here take their job more seriously than the ones you guys have to deal with. Im with you all on the assholes that paint us all, which is why you will see the guys here run them off from this dept. Maybe that is why we all have a good repore with most here, except for the drunks that get hauled in. :)

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I fully intend to keep showing the most respect I can to the cop at my window, because I don't know how the last 12 hours have been for him. I will ALWAYS expect the same in return.

a guy cant ask for anything much more than that, and aside from the asswipes that paint the whole picture bad, you will get out of more tickets just doing that than any amount of excuses will ever get you out of.

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
As the FNG, I feel compelled to share some of my stories.

Let's start some time ago, in a state far far away. My first car was an 86 for escort. Oh, don't skim ahead, this is important to this story. This crap little car with it's worn out squirrls was always breaking down. So every repair added a little something back to the car. I was driving back from 3 hours away from home at 3 am on a dark and lonely highway. The speedo only read to 85 in that car, and on the highway, I would simply hold the petal on the floor and hope for the best. I see some lights in the review so I pull over. I had a good lead, took a minute or two for him to pull up behind me, but it wasn't like I could drive fast enough to get in trouble anyway, and there wasn't anyone else to blame it on. The man walked up to my window and only pointed his flashlight at the dashboard. I could have had a bloody chainsaw or assult rifle on my lap he wouldn't have seen it. And he didn't say anything ether, just was lookin at my dash. After a decent silence I ask "hows it going officer?" He responds "you didn't by any chance see a corver, or a mustang, or maby a chavet pass you doing 118 did you?" I follow with my brilantly planned responce of "UHHHH." He responded "why don't you slow down and get out of here."

Not a month later, I was driving way too fast down a city street through a school zone coming up to a light. The light turned yellow so I downshifted and floored it, and then made a left turn. Through my tire noise, the car barly holding together, and the steering drift I notice the only car waiting on the light is a cop. I just start slowing down and pull over. I look in my rear view and she is still turning around, then pulls up behind me. I review my idiocy, at lease 70 in a 30 through a school zone, blowing a red light and making an illigal turn, plus any unsafe tickets. The cop gets out of her car, slams her door, runs up to my window "WHAT THE #&$% IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU ALMOST FLIPPED YOUR &#$*%& CAR." It's my aunt. No tickets, but my mother was waiting for me in the kitchen when I got home.

So somehow, as retarded as I am, I made it out of my teens, and out of ricing, and out of that state with out dying, or getting a ticket. Next state on the list is Maryland. OMG, I was getting pulled over two or three times a week. And no, no more "I'm stupid..." I was in an 82 F250 with the I6. I managed to slow down and drive safely. Long story short, discrimination. That state and the next one below HATE military. My favorit was this horrable lady that wrote me over 1500 worth of tickets. I bascily told her if she handed me those tickets, I wasn't going to court to fight the tickets, I would go to take her job. All the tickets, save one, I was exempt from (state specific laws, all that I had never heard of, I had been in the state 2 weeks, and had out of state tags and licence. Common thing for cops to do is issue tickets to out of states bacause someone is more likely to pay $$$ than take vacation and travel back to said state to go to court.)

The final state worth mention is Florida. I have had one cop talk to me. He didn't pull me over, he pulled up next to me and told me my sticker tags were expired even though the regestration was good, and said I should try to get it fixed. I was sitting at a stop light, he ran my plates and just talked to me.

I'm all for giving them respect, but respect is not given because of your job or something your wearing.

ADD version, I used to be really stupid but I was lucky.