LBZ: Connecting rods , Head studs

sp440

Feb 21, 2012
Indiana P.A 15701
Thinking about twin turbos but would like to put in connecting rods to be safe and some head studs what are the best ones ? So i have been looking at twin kits found some for 3,500 that seem to be simaler to other kits for about the same pric or so an a PPE 45/40 compound part# 1164540 for 12,150.00 thats a big differance what is the big differance can you guys help me out. New to the deisel world thats why all the dumb questions thanks Chris

RedDmaxLBZ07

Oct 16, 2009
East TN
Welcome! Remember......you wont know until you ask:thumb:. There are a few vendors on here with twin setups. A couple being Trent Nell(Extreme Prejudice Racing) and Henry(Creatures of the Night Performance). There are a ton of guys running twins with stock internals but the right tuning is key.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Have you thought about just doing a large single? Seems like stock motors last longer on large singles than they do with twins.

If you really want twins, a good budget twin kit is throwing an s475 or s480 on top of your stock turbo. These kits are a lot cheaper.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I think the ppe kit comes with manifolds, up-pipes, intercooler ,twin kit and all .

:thumb:

ALso both turbo's are Ball Bearing (usually double the price of the turbo's most other companies use which are journal bearing).

You really need to look at what you getting for your $$$'s. Yes the kit is expensive but when you add all that you get in our twin turbo "Package" and how expensive the turbos we use are you will see you are getting a lot for you $$$'s.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Not to knock on Dans product or actually PPE's product... But really you do need to look at what your getting for the money. Yea the PPE kit overs all the bases, but let's think economical. How much does the PPE "race" intake cost? $600. Now let's think about what it is... It's an LB7 bridge with a 3" tube welded to it. I can weld a tube to a LB7 bridge for $30. Why does it cost $600?
Furthermore, the Intercooler is not necessarily needed. Many people run stock CAC's with no EGT problems at some pretty high power. In my honest (CONSUMER) opinion, one of these companies needs to sack up and realize that they have broken even on the initial costs of starting their company. With that, they need to stop playing this dollar game. Duramax performance hasn't been around for a long time so cost is expensive yayayayayayaya I've heard it. But really guys. When is this rape game going to end? It's been 10 years now. Why is there such thing as a $600 piece of modified OEM material with a 3" tube welded to it?! It's a disgrace.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Not to knock on Dans product or actually PPE's product... But really you do need to look at what your getting for the money. Yea the PPE kit overs all the bases, but let's think economical. How much does the PPE "race" intake cost? $600. Now let's think about what it is... It's an LB7 bridge with a 3" tube welded to it. I can weld a tube to a LB7 bridge for $30. Why does it cost $600?
Furthermore, the Intercooler is not necessarily needed. Many people run stock CAC's with no EGT problems at some pretty high power. In my honest (CONSUMER) opinion, one of these companies needs to sack up and realize that they have broken even on the initial costs of starting their company. With that, they need to stop playing this dollar game. Duramax performance hasn't been around for a long time so cost is expensive yayayayayayaya I've heard it. But really guys. When is this rape game going to end? It's been 10 years now. Why is there such thing as a $600 piece of modified OEM material with a 3" tube welded to it?! It's a disgrace.

X10

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I agree with the prices needing to come down on these parts in general! I mean the rods are crazy!!!!!! You mean to tell me it costs 10x as much money to build dmax rods as a set for a sbc or bbc?????? Give me a break

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thinking about twin turbos but would like to put in connecting rods to be safe and some head studs what are the best ones ? So i have been looking at twin kits found some for 3,500 that seem to be simaler to other kits for about the same pric or so an a PPE 45/40 compound part# 1164540 for 12,150.00 thats a big differance what is the big differance can you guys help me out. New to the deisel world thats why all the dumb questions thanks Chris

Send me a pm of what your looking for.The twin kit we sell runs around 3,300.00

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Pat for Pres !!!!:hello:

quentomania

Feb 3, 2009
A little curious about some of the pricing myself. Something's are very reasonable... Others,not so much.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
:thumb:

ALso both turbo's are Ball Bearing (usually double the price of the turbo's most other companies use which are journal bearing).

You really need to look at what you getting for your $$$'s. Yes the kit is expensive but when you add all that you get in our twin turbo "Package" and how expensive the turbos we use are you will see you are getting a lot for you $$$'s.

Go price a 47r and a 40r charger, they alone are about 30/40% of the cost.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Yes, some of the ppe prices are retarded! The turbo kit prices are high but the badass Garrett turbos Are not cheap either! I need to find a 4202r that won't cost me an arm anda leg. From my extensive knowledge that I have acquired over the years I can say a built motor with a decent sized single will have you making sweet love to your truck. No twins for me! Yo can run 10's with that 4202r by itself

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

I dont agree with you too often, but this is one time I do.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
There has to be a breaking point. I understand the high costs of some of the stuff. But a majority of it is absolutely overpriced. I think that it is so much so, that it hurts the sport. People sell off and get out of the diesel performance world and go to the gasser side just because of the Hugh prices.
If the prices were cheaper, you would sell more parts so I don't think you would lose profits.