LBZ: Connecting rods , Head studs

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Just so you get an idea.... Mike (veeate) has a crew can short bed, and went 11.7 in the 1/4 with his LMM. That puts the truck around 700 or so to the wheels. 100%stock motor.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just so you get an idea.... Mike (veeate) has a crew can short bed, and went 11.7 in the 1/4 with his LMM. That puts the truck around 700 or so to the wheels. 100%stock motor.

Its not 100% stock...not even close. ;)

60% exergy injectors
I.I dual cp3s
Batmo s475
Rdl manifolds & up pipes
full egr delete

.....and also, no insult intended, but his shortblock wont last long at those levels, no matter what anyone else thinks. Dont fool yourself into believing these engines are bulletproof, even with good tuning. They arent. Those shops posting threads of stock motors over 700hp are doing everyone a huge disservice. Makes me think they are just preying on the uninformed.

Sp44d -- you're on the right track, wanting to build the shortblock first. A set of Carillos or Crowers are a good start, along with headstuds. Maybe look into a set of cut LB7 pistons while you're in there. Balance the rotating assembly, too. Make sure you have a good shop do all the work.
Then you have dual CP3s, larger injecetors and whatever set of twins you want to buy. Have fun. This is an addicting hobby. :)

Last edited:

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
Its not 100% stock...not even close. ;)

60% exergy injectors
I.I dual cp3s
Batmo s475
Rdl manifolds & up pipes
full egr delete

.....and also, no insult intended, but his shortblock wont last long at those levels, no matter what anyone else thinks. Dont fool yourself into believing these engines are bulletproof, even with good tuning. They arent. Those shops posting threads of stock motors over 700hp are doing everyone a huge disservice. Makes me think they are just preying on the uninformed.

Sp44d -- you're on the right track, wanting to build the shortblock first. A set of Carillos or Crowers are a good start, along with headstuds. Maybe look into a set of cut LB7 pistons while you're in there. Balance the rotating assembly, too. Make sure you have a good shop do all the work.
Then you have dual CP3s, larger injecetors and whatever set of twins you want to buy. Have fun. This is an addicting hobby. :)

Pretty sure pat means 100% stock internally, which im sure wont last forever but i dont pound on my truck very often. According to ''duramax math'' puts me around 750rwhp, guess we will find out at ts.:D