Cheating in work stock

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
It will never stop. Grey areas will always exist and it's a shame. Out here one important sentence in the rules for 2.6 is trucks on the ragged edge of street ability. I can only think of a handful counting mine that would even come close to street able even after a day of transformation. It's a joke. But I get a kick out of placing well against these guys with a full interior and air conditioning. :roflmao:

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
It will never stop. Grey areas will always exist and it's a shame. Out here one important sentence in the rules for 2.6 is trucks on the ragged edge of street ability. I can only think of a handful counting mine that would even come close to street able even after a day of transformation. It's a joke. But I get a kick out of placing well against these guys with a full interior and air conditioning. :roflmao:

You wouldn't happen to have gone to Jamestown, PA last Friday would you?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
All trucks have been teched and can be re teched if you would like... But this year they are following the rules closer than last.

That's not what I was getting at. You and your brother seem to be the guys to beat in work stock and I'm sure people wonder why so I doubt your cheating. I think it's impressive how consistently you guys do well. I'm hoping at some point down the road we can get Cody's truck up with you guys.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I think a grey area can actually be a good thing. It leaves room for innovation. I'm not saying cheating is right, but who wants to see everyone running the exact same truck. It's like watching Indycar, they're all basically racing with the exact same vehicle:(

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Gray areas are fine but when stuff is in black and white and nobody cares to read rules just do as they want is when I don't care for it.

And I think after this year I'm done chasing points ill travel to some bigger pulls

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Yes built it and tell no one within the rules but when there is not supposed to be weight any further forward then the bed and they are making trick brackets to bolt weights up behind the radiator and such that's a no go. Just figured I would see if anyone else would share things to look for when trucks go over the scale that's all.

I still put distance on the trucks who were cought cheating but allowed to pull for fun and I'm playing by the rules :D

You wouldn't happen to have pictures of the weights mounted behind the radiator do ya? Just for future reference in case I see someone cheating!;)

:roflmao:

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
No I didn't take any I should have it was the cleanest setup I've seen yet then there was some just bolted up under the radiator support and all different setups.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Lately I've been noticing more and more trucks locally bending the rules or just plain ignoring them all together. This past weekend we had a big pull and was asked to help tech trucks in along with a few other people and I'll admit they are getting slick with ways to hide their weight in the front end. Anyone else having this issue in their club and if so how are the guys cheating there? so we can keep a eye out for it.

You've pulled at the buck. Home of the most trucks with hidden weight, built motors and cheater turbos lol

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
You've pulled at the buck. Home of the most trucks with hidden weight, built motors and cheater turbos lol

Never pulled made it to the drivers meeting and got rained out the 16hrs of driving in a day to never make a hook put a bad taste in my mouth I haven't been back yet

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Never pulled made it to the drivers meeting and got rained out the 16hrs of driving in a day to never make a hook put a bad taste in my mouth I haven't been back yet

Ah. Thought you had been there more then once. Anyways there issue is lazy tech that just doesn't take the time to properly tech so guys feel they can get away with more and more

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
All trucks have been teched and can be re teched if you would like... But this year they are following the rules closer than last.

If you mean "teched" as driving around the scales and some driving over the scales with no-one else around to check them as legal and non-biased, then I believe the club forgot why the 5-person tech committee was created in the first place. One reason was to take the load off of just one person, one more was to have a class expert to bring questions to if any suspicions were raised, another was to make rule enforcement easier, and lastly it was created to keep tech non-biased by allowing someone who was not pulling in the class they were teching (if they pull at all) to not make a witch-hunt out of it.

I agree with Evan in his posts earlier, wholeheartedly. Where I have a complaint is that there were 8-10 people, some of whom were NOT club tech officials (witch-hunters) nor even MEMBERS, around the street diesel trucks as they were on the scales and even while in line diving under trucks and popping hoods. Also, those who were teching forgot about the 1-round bye allowed by the club's rules for new sign ups. This rule did not apply to Cody but it did apply to the dozen or so trucks DQ-d from pulling for points or payout. The club made out well off their $40 fee....

I brought these points up to Ralph before I hooked in Street Diesel and hopefully they are resolved at Truck-Fest...

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
If you mean "teched" as driving around the scales and some driving over the scales with no-one else around to check them as legal and non-biased, then I believe the club forgot why the 5-person tech committee was created in the first place. One reason was to take the load off of just one person, one more was to have a class expert to bring questions to if any suspicions were raised, another was to make rule enforcement easier, and lastly it was created to keep tech non-biased by allowing someone who was not pulling in the class they were teching (if they pull at all) to not make a witch-hunt out of it.

I agree with Evan in his posts earlier, wholeheartedly. Where I have a complaint is that there were 8-10 people, some of whom were NOT club tech officials (witch-hunters) nor even MEMBERS, around the street diesel trucks as they were on the scales and even while in line diving under trucks and popping hoods. Also, those who were teching forgot about the 1-round bye allowed by the club's rules for new sign ups. This rule did not apply to Cody but it did apply to the dozen or so trucks DQ-d from pulling for points or payout. The club made out well off their $40 fee....

I brought these points up to Ralph before I hooked in Street Diesel and hopefully they are resolved at Truck-Fest...

Tim everyone who was at the scale looking at trucks and under the hoods were asked to do so. And as far as the 1 time bye how much do you let slide? Weight racks blocked solid and a huge turbo? Everyone at the drivers meeting was told no weights further forward than the bed 1" suspension travel and 2.5 stock appearing turbo they had all night to be ready and some chose to not comply with the rules...

And yes I hope trucks showing up at truckfest have read the rules and have the trucks to the rules instead of weight in cabs and under the hood.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I thought you picture looked like it I had the black single cab with the mass diesel sticker. You have one beautiful looking truck :thumb:

Thanks buddy. Yeah I saw u there. I was talking to my friends cause I noticed your plate. That's a heck of a drive. Good to c some dedication.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Tim everyone who was at the scale looking at trucks and under the hoods were asked to do so. And as far as the 1 time bye how much do you let slide? Weight racks blocked solid and a huge turbo? Everyone at the drivers meeting was told no weights further forward than the bed 1" suspension travel and 2.5 stock appearing turbo they had all night to be ready and some chose to not comply with the rules...

And yes I hope trucks showing up at truckfest have read the rules and have the trucks to the rules instead of weight in cabs and under the hood.

They let points pullers slide all season with hitches 3-4" too high, solid blocks in the rear, hidden weight, visible weight brackets bolted to the front, S366 turbos, etc. at multiple pulls....why? Just because they were smaller in numbers than at Hebron and the points leaders didn't want to chance losing point/payout? If the Club wants to enforce rules, Great, I encourage it....as long as they do it legally by the rules we voted in.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I have a hard time believing that Tim and if you went to the meetings over the winter you would have been there when myself Doug and Brendon were asked to help tech trucks at Hebron... Maybe you should read the rules for next time because it seems you have a issue with them and its the truck you set up being busted everytime they check trucks. What's so hard about following the rules? I'll tell you again like last year, you can look at my truck for yourself it's nothing special just have to know how to set them up. But you can sit there and say we were witch hunters or whatever makes you feel better about it.