Cheating in work stock

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Maybe a show like Jerry springer? Where y'all find cheaters and they confess to sled secrets while crying and fake fighting.

Ill watch it! :rofl::D

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
:roflmao: dealing with the same stuff in iowa.. stayed away from 2.5 as i had a 64mm and come to find a 68mm pulling all year:spit:

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I feel the same way . I pull workstock but always make sure I fit the rules then I go see trucks with the same turbo pulling in the class illegally . Then The rumor starts that my truck must have a big turbo cause he didn't pull with the 2.5 ws .

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Wow that completely takes the fun out of the sport. Not sure if it'll help but I'll let two secrets out of the bag even thought I dont use them. Ive seen nitrous used in work stock, but the two things to look for are the front crossmember I've thought about filling it full of lead or either hidden weights in the cab possbily hiding them in the seat pretty slick places to check. I'll never hack up my truck to do that so use these for ammo i'll follow the rules as to enjoy the sport not get kicked out of it :roflmao:

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Well if she was cheating I would love to know how.... I can post the dyno slip if anyone would like. That little white reg cab made a whopping 500 hp on mass diesels dyno this afternoon no changes since the Saturday pull.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Well if she was cheating I would love to know how.... I can post the dyno slip if anyone would like. That little white reg cab made a whopping 500 hp on mass diesels dyno this afternoon no changes since the Saturday pull.

If its the dyno of theirs I've been on its not very accurate. My truck is over 500hp and after 7 pulls they could only get it to put down 378.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Has any diesel organization "pumped" motors to check for displacement? Do most have any rules regarding displacement or stroking (like many gas classes do)?

We had a guy in a gas class last weekend who refused to be pumped (been dominating all year and posted a picture previously on Facebook of his 545 cubic inch motor) in a 500 CID limit class?

When the tech's went to pump his motor, he threw it on the trailer and DROVE home stating "he was too drunk" to pull the valve cover off. Later that night he posted on FB that he was DQ'd for drinking and that the teardown of his motor for pumping would cost too much....neither was true. I've been told an engine pump is going to be following him around to most of the pulls he goes to :thumb:

Worst case scenario you ruin a valve cover gasket (the club would most likely reimburse if someone bitched about it). All that is required is to pull a plug, rockers, and pushrods (which is where removing the valve cover comes in) on one cylinder. Reassemble when done and reset the lash, not that complicated.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Has any diesel organization "pumped" motors to check for displacement? Do most have any rules regarding displacement or stroking (like many gas classes do)?

We had a guy in a gas class last weekend who refused to be pumped (been dominating all year and posted a picture previously on Facebook of his 545 cubic inch motor) in a 500 CID limit class?

When the tech's went to pump his motor, he threw it on the trailer and DROVE home stating "he was too drunk" to pull the valve cover off. Later that night he posted on FB that he was DQ'd for drinking and that the teardown of his motor for pumping would cost too much....neither was true. I've been told an engine pump is going to be following him around to most of the pulls he goes to :thumb:

Worst case scenario you ruin a valve cover gasket (the club would most likely reimburse if someone bitched about it). All that is required is to pull a plug, rockers, and pushrods (which is where removing the valve cover comes in) on one cylinder. Reassemble when done and reset the lash, not that complicated.

Wasn't a green ford from ct was it?

Last edited: