Casper's Next Adventure in HorsePowerLand

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We are starting to outfit Casper for a Land Speed Record attempt. Goal is 200+ mph.

It is going to cost so much and alter Casper so severely, that it will be temporarily released from drag strip duty.

I am going to actively hunt out sponsors to help with the project.

Sales from McRat Racing will help fund this project so mention us to your friends and wear McRat Racing stickers to help show your support.

The record I seek is held by a Ford Ranger running a 6.0. While I don't understand why minitrucks are allowed in Diesel Truck class, it still puts us a huge disadvantage.

Safety equipment alone will cost upwards of $7000, perhaps as high as $12000.

We might have to have a "garage sale" to fund the modifications. Tires & wheels will be $5000+ a set.

I have always wanted to go 200mph legally in on a bike or car, but for some stupid reason I'm going to try doing it in a full sized diesel 4x4 pickup. :D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
We are starting to outfit Casper for a Land Speed Record attempt. Goal is 200+ mph.

It is going to cost so much and alter Casper so severely, that it will be temporarily released from drag strip duty.

I am going to actively hunt out sponsors to help with the project.

Sales from McRat Racing will help fund this project so mention us to your friends and wear McRat Racing stickers to help show your support.

The record I seek is held by a Ford Ranger running a 6.0. While I don't understand why minitrucks are allowed in Diesel Truck class, it still puts us a huge disadvantage.

Safety equipment alone will cost upwards of $7000, perhaps as high as $12000.

We might have to have a "garage sale" to fund the modifications. Tires & wheels will be $5000+ a set.

I have always wanted to go 200mph legally in on a bike or car, but for some stupid reason I'm going to try doing it in a full sized diesel 4x4 pickup. :D

:rockon:

what kind of tires?

What kind of extra equipement for safety is needed? ejection seat:D

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Good luck, I'll be rootin for you

Better have video, time slips and a bunch of witnesses but wait a minute there still will be disbelievers :eek:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
:rockon:

what kind of tires?

What kind of extra equipement for safety is needed? ejection seat:D

Still working on the tires and wheels. At first, we will go up to 149mph on production tires (V-Rated Toyo's). Then we will go up to 186 on other tires perhaps, then have to look at other options.

The safety equipment is more than is required to run 8.50's in a car.

Full rollcage, leg restraints, arm restraints, helmet restraint, 2 flame-out systems, parachute, nomex underwear+full suit, etc.

Seems a bit overboard, but the rules have to cover a variety of vehicles, not just street cars and trucks. Streamliners and Lakesters have very little width, so they tend to roll easily. Pickups are nearly impossible to roll unless you hit something with them. There is nothing to hit on a dry lake.

The safety equipment required by Bonneville racers has saved folk from rollovers at 400mph.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Try and give me a little extra time Pat. That does not mean 2 days before the attempt instead of 1. :baby: :D:hug:

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
What up with some McRat Racing shirts. I will buy a couple. It is a way to make some extra cash and get you name out there. I do not put stickers on my truck but I do were shirts.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
What up with some McRat Racing shirts. I will buy a couple. It is a way to make some extra cash and get you name out there. I do not put stickers on my truck but I do were shirts.

Only need to sell 10000 more shirts to pay for the tires Pat:D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
What did Greg Hughes dodge project X run, I know he had to swap to 1500 spindles to get bigger brakes and stuff.How long off will this be, I would like to fly out me and a friend and watch the day you race.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I would think you would have better luck outfitting a different truck with a 2wd chassis. Less rolling resistance and you can chop and hack while keeping the white ghost mobile. I'm thinking shortbox 1500 chassis. They are cheap, light, and a dime a dozen.
Plus afterwards, you won't have to spend a bunch of time and money setting it up to drag again.
But that's just me thinking out loud. Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you will do it well and kick some ass! Oh and probably have a little fun while doing it:D

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
Still working on the tires and wheels. At first, we will go up to 149mph on production tires (V-Rated Toyo's). Then we will go up to 186 on other tires perhaps, then have to look at other options.

The safety equipment is more than is required to run 8.50's in a car.

Full rollcage, leg restraints, arm restraints, helmet restraint, 2 flame-out systems, parachute, nomex underwear+full suit, etc.

Seems a bit overboard, but the rules have to cover a variety of vehicles, not just street cars and trucks. Streamliners and Lakesters have very little width, so they tend to roll easily. Pickups are nearly impossible to roll unless you hit something with them. There is nothing to hit on a dry lake.

The safety equipment required by Bonneville racers has saved folk from rollovers at 400mph.

I don't recall needing any of that stuff when entering the Autobahn :D:D