Casper's Next Adventure in HorsePowerLand

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Pat,

How low you gonna have to put Casper? What kinda of suspension you gonna have to create or locate? Sounds like it would be fun. Put a Parachute on Casper!!!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Aren't you going to have to change gearing or are you gonna accomplish that (200+) with tire size?

With 373's and a somewhere around 30" OD tire what do you expect for RPM?

Perhaps your plan is to just swap the current rear for a Dana so there is more gear selection,do tell.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Gearing is the huge struggle, and I do not have an answer yet. I have the biggest gears available for our trucks, 3.42's, but that is not enough. Basically, I can spin the truck to 5000 rpm and hopefully it will hold together.

Otherwise, it should make for a good video clip! :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Gearing is the huge struggle, and I do not have an answer yet. I have the biggest gears available for our trucks, 3.42's, but that is not enough. Basically, I can spin the truck to 5000 rpm and hopefully it will hold together.

That's what I figured once I read this thread. :eek:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida

Pat are trucks with 305 mudders and a 5 speed ally with 3:73 gears will run 145 mph all day long. If u can get more rpm then i could which i am sure u can u can make 150 on stock 3:73 gears. I know u have 3:42 i was just letting u no.

I Know it will run 145 because ive been there and done that. I was trying to see if the truck cut off at 256 like i got it programmed to with my efi live

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Pat are trucks with 305 mudders and a 5 speed ally with 3:73 gears will run 145 mph all day long. If u can get more rpm then i could which i am sure u can u can make 150 on stock 3:73 gears. I know u have 3:42 i was just letting u no.

I Know it will run 145 because ive been there and done that. I was trying to see if the truck cut off at 256 like i got it programmed to with my efi live

What did you find out?:rofl::rofl:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
six speed alli 3.73s and 285s will do 140......i know that too :D felt kinda like riding an inner tube behild a boat :p

I found that out last night :)

It felt very stable to me. I am running 22 inch wheels though.

Pat, I had an idea. What if you took the fender flares off Casper? They are only held on with double sided 3M foam tape and little clips inside the fender. I was thinking it would help with aerodynamics. Every little bit helps.