Can LML'S have sensitive throttles?

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Well I know I'm fairly new on here but not knew to other forum and have had diesel trucks for years, and have a question I've been wondering for a long time now..

I will say now that I have no problems with my tuner and my truck runs awesome with no lights or issues..

But ever since I got this truck in '11 I've wanted better throttle response, and granted it is better now than a stock truck is buuutt... I had a 6.4L Ford before this truck, deleted with Spartan race tuning, and if anybody has rode/drove one of them on a race tune you will know about the sensitive throttle them things have! I loved it..

So is it possible to have our trucks be like that or what?

And yes I know it might make it smoke more when DDing around but I'm not stupid and I know how to drive responsibly..

Last couple of times that I've got updated tunes (cp3 conversion / fixed vane turbo) I've said I wanted better response but it hasn't got better so I'm wondering now if it's possible with these electronics. Because I know my tuner knows what he is doing...

Any words of wisdom for me?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If the participation in a thread over at DP is any indication, someone could make a fortune if they had a cost-effective solution to the LML dead-pedal problem.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Ask your turner these questions and tell him what you want out of the truck instead of asking other people would be a great start.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
My dad has a lml loves the truck, but hates the lag of throttle response its deleted and tuned its a lot better then factory but he was used to his lb7 .

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I have MotorOps tuning on my deleted 2011 LML and dead pedal is virtually gone! Truck is alot more responsive than stock, and alot more fun to drive.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If the participation in a thread over at DP is any indication, someone could make a fortune if they had a cost-effective solution to the LML dead-pedal problem.
What are you calling cost effective Tom?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yes mine is definitely better than stock but it's not on the 6.4l level yet..
Not a big deal, just was gonna see if anybody knew what I was talking about with the ford's and if their truck was like that by any chance.. (I will say here, that's bout the only thing I liked about my old truck over my lml... Love this one)

And yes I have called my tuner and asked these questions but they won't let me talk to him and the guys that answer can't tell me anything..

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Yes mine is definitely better than stock but it's not on the 6.4l level yet..
Not a big deal, just was gonna see if anybody knew what I was talking about with the ford's and if their truck was like that by any chance.. (I will say here, that's bout the only thing I liked about my old truck over my lml... Love this one)

And yes I have called my tuner and asked these questions but they won't let me talk to him and the guys that answer can't tell me anything..
It take customer feedback to get great tuning. Stay after them and you will get it where you want it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
I wasn't trying to sound rude at all sorry if it came across that way. They should be asking for logs to make sure something isn't being missed as it sounds like your tunes have been upgraded a few times. I have no dead pedal at all with my LML after tuning.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ask your turner these questions and tell him what you want out of the truck instead of asking other people would be a great start.

Since 2/3rds of tuners I've used in the past think there shit don't stink... And will say it's not tuning. That's not always the best route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Since 2/3rds of tuners I've used in the past think there shit don't stink... And will say it's not tuning. That's not always the best route.

This.

I would talk with your tuner (which doesn't sound like is an option), or look for another tuner that has great reviews. You'll find that there are several good options, most of which are vendors on this site.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I wasn't trying to sound rude at all sorry if it came across that way. They should be asking for logs to make sure something isn't being missed as it sounds like your tunes have been upgraded a few times. I have no dead pedal at all with my LML after tuning.
It's all good, your right probably.. I should do a log in the area I would like it to be more sensitive and send it to them and see what they can tell me.. I just haven't been worried about it because I don't think anything is wrong and most people would be happy with it I'm guessing.. I just see videos of older trucks taking of with zero boost and you can tell they instantly have fuel when pedal gets stomped.. Do any of yall do fueling off of pedal position and not boost?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
It's all good, your right probably.. I should do a log in the area I would like it to be more sensitive and send it to them and see what they can tell me.. I just haven't been worried about it because I don't think anything is wrong and most people would be happy with it I'm guessing.. I just see videos of older trucks taking of with zero boost and you can tell they instantly have fuel when pedal gets stomped.. Do any of yall do fueling off of pedal position and not boost?

Yes and it comes down to preference and what your tuner is comfortable with. I prefer to have fuel controlled by the throttle but that means it will smoke more if your not cautions.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yeah I can understand that.. I think I'd like to try it that way for sure.. I'm gonna call him again and see if can't get another tune to try..

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Yep he's impossible to talk to on the phone. I gave up on that. Customer service is good but not everything can be done by email.