Beans or fass sump?

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Guaranteed for how long.? The FASS is a mechanical motor and how can you compare it to a sump, a bit of stretch, ya think.? The majority of guys will not own their trucks more than 5 years so you more than likely will never hear or read about it.....

Screwed that one up..oh well..

passed right over your head didn't it Marty McFLY. Read slooooower.. you might actually get it!!! not comparing the two, just stating anything is prone to failure off of your dumb "guaranteed to leak" statement in my reply. It was an example.

Shall I get the crayons out and kindergarten it for you? :roflmao:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
passed right over your head didn't it Marty McFLY. Read slooooower.. you might actually get it!!! not comparing the two, just stating anything is prone to failure off of your dumb "guaranteed to leak" statement in my reply. It was an example.

Shall I get the crayons out and kindergarten it for you?
Uncalled for...

Technically, most everything is guaranteed to fail eventually.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

testdrive

May 28, 2013
I have a Beans like sump and am somewhat worried about the sump leaking or having a problem such as the fuel line going to it. Still trying to engineer and fab up a good cover for protection as I have been known to do some rocking crawling. And if you rip a hose, that could be a real problem.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
When the Beans sump does eventually leak or start seeping, or start leaking while travelling then whatcha ya gonna do..? With the expansion and contraction of the plastic tank it will eventually leak/seep, short term maybe not, long term YES.....

Shall I get the crayons out and kindergarten it for you? :roflmao:

You sure act like a kindergartner, not sure if it is childlike or childish, more than likely both....You need to read also, where did I use the word "guaranteed to leak" in my post..?

Last edited:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Morning Mike lol. I've been running a sump since 2011 just pulled the tank last month, yup had a weeper, did I loose sleep, Nope.... broke out the Allen wrench and snugged them all back down. Good for another 5 years. BTW it's the 9 hole one and from alligator. Sumps are a great investment imo.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Like everyone else, you need to do pm's or the other option is throw it away and do it over.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
1cc92dad7e925633f4c899cbfa81e044.jpg

97125dc9127748e509ac9c31599c3c4b.jpg

What are the threads on top for? The bottom is for the set screw so you can drain the tank, but why the threads on top

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
With your hard earned money like everyone else of course. Mine is the same way it's plain. But sometimes the cheaper looking stuff works the best. Just my my turbo looks stock and not a fancy wheel like my 3794 but it's a beast :):thumb:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I ordered it off ebay from Rudys. The description and picture say it's supposed to be Beans and it's RDP. The Beans was 149 and the RDP was 134. I paid 149. The sump I recieved didn't come with a stainless drain bolt its mild, and didn't have the yellow hose stop. Which doesn't matter but it's the fact I didn't get what I ordered. Rudys Diesel Performance obviously is RDP so they sent me their sump instead of Beans. Contacted Rudys hopefully they will make it right.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
With your hard earned money like everyone else of course. Mine is the same way it's plain. But sometimes the cheaper looking stuff works the best. Just my my turbo looks stock and not a fancy wheel like my 3794 but it's a beast :):thumb:
My hard earned money is the reason I want what I ordered lol