Beans or fass sump?

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Need some opinions. I have a fass 150 and I'm am pretty sure I have a hole in my suction tube. Also anyone have the part number for the level sender. I'm going to order these today. Thanks
Greg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
I have the beans, super easy install with no issues at all. Everything is included for install. Good quality product!!!

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
The GM part # for the fuel level sender is 89060639. I have used both the Fass and Bean's Sumps...The Bean's is definitely the most user friendly. One hole and you are done!:D Fass uses 9 holes.:rolleyes:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
The GM part # for the fuel level sender is 89060639. I have used both the Fass and Bean's Sumps...The Bean's is definitely the most user friendly. One hole and you are done!:D Fass uses 9 holes.:rolleyes:
I found a write up on diesel place to replace just the sender. The sender is molded into the plastic of the unit so the sender isn't available separately on the lb7.
The 9 holes doesn't bother me since I'm going to pull the bed anyway to install my drop and do some frame cleaning and painting. If the beans sump gets the job done that will work. Just looking for pros and cons.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I have the beans, simple install. Videos on YouTube made the decision easy to choose.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Do I block off factory hole or just leave for a vent? I will probably take the factory suction tube out just wondering about the factory fuel fitting on top the unit.

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
I have not installed one on my truck yet put plan on buying the FASS just becuse i like how it has the draw straw going to the top of the tank. Eliminates road debris, snow/ice, and what ever else might happen from grabbing your feed line. Just my $.02

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
I have not installed one on my truck yet put plan on buying the FASS just because i like how it has the draw straw going to the top of the tank. Eliminates road debris, snow/ice, and what ever else might happen from grabbing your feed line. Just my $.02
These suck once you've used the Bean's!:D:hug: No road debris is gonna rip your fuel line on a Bean's Sump...

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have not installed one on my truck yet put plan on buying the FASS just becuse i like how it has the draw straw going to the top of the tank. Eliminates road debris, snow/ice, and what ever else might happen from grabbing your feed line. Just my $.02

These suck once you've used the Bean's!:D:hug: No road debris is gonna rip your fuel line on a Bean's Sump...

When the Beans sump does eventually leak or start seeping, or start leaking while travelling then whatcha ya gonna do..? With the expansion and contraction of the plastic tank it will eventually leak/seep, short term maybe not, long term YES.....

Last edited:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Do I block off factory hole or just leave for a vent? I will probably take the factory suction tube out just wondering about the factory fuel fitting on top the unit.

I put in a bigger return line, so I put the new return line into the old feed port then capped off the old return port with a vaccum cap and a hose clamp. I wouldn't leave it open.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
When the Beans sump does eventually leak or start seeping, or start leaking while travelling then whatcha ya gonna do..? With the expansion and contraction of the plastic tank it will eventually leak/seep, short term maybe not, long term YES.....
I have heard more story's about the other styles leaking, but granted they have been out longer in use. Also IF they do start to leak, its one bolt to take it off with out dropping your tank or taking your bed off and then just put in a new O-Ring one.
I am a fan of my Bean Sump, but after I put it in, Even posted this link and these look like nice pieces.
http://diamondtenterprises.net/c-322872-fuel-tank-sump-kit.html

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California

The beans is not guaranteed to leak, short term or long. Dumb A$$ statement. Thats like saying the FASS sump will eventually stop working long term or short. Anything in the world, mechanical or natural is prone to failure. Its the world we live in

Its a easy install, cost effective and works great. I have installed the beans on mine, and the multi layer tank is thicker than one thinks and the sealing aspect of the beans, or BD Sump works great. Some argue it hangs low and you could catch it on something, but really, when is the last time you hit something on your tank.

OP it boils down to what suits you best. Cost, install time, reputation of the product and does it work. Beans Or the BD sump have proven it does. The Fass will work too, but at more money and more install time.

Bottom line, either one will work for you.

8ualive

Aug 2, 2014
Watch the video on the torture test on the beans sump....I wouldn't worry about tearing it off! Because if you do, you have much bigger problems!

8ualive

Aug 2, 2014
Kinda like the people worrying about tearing the fass off.....your bed is probably gonna be messed up too if you get that rowdy! Ha

I wouldn't worry about tearing any of it off....it's been proven too many times to last!

Last edited:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

The beans is not guaranteed to leak, short term or long. Dumb A$$ statement. Thats like saying the FASS sump will eventually stop working long term or short. Anything in the world, mechanical or natural is prone to failure. Its the world we live in

Its a easy install, cost effective and works great. I have installed the beans on mine, and the multi layer tank is thicker than one thinks and the sealing aspect of the beans, or BD Sump works great. Some argue it hangs low and you could catch it on something, but really, when is the last time you hit something on your tank.

OP it boils down to what suits you best. Cost, install time, reputation of the product and does it work. Beans Or the BD sump have proven it does. The Fass will work too, but at more money and more install time.

Bottom line, either one will work for you.

Guaranteed for how long.? The FASS is a mechanical motor and how can you compare it to a sump, a bit of stretch, ya think.? The majority of guys will not own their trucks more than 5 years so you more than likely will never hear or read about it.....

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Guaranteed for how long.? The FASS is a mechanical motor and how can you compare it to a sump, a bit of stretch, ya think.? The majority of guys will not own their trucks more than 5 years so you more than likely will never hear or read about it.....

Stop being a negative Nancy, nothing is guaranteed to last forever. In today's time everything is throwaway i f I only got 5-10 years out of it before it broke I would feel OK knowing nothing lasts anymore.