Question: Battery relocation.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Just need some opinions. Would it be illegal/unwise to relocate the batteries in my truck to under the back seats? I don't really want to put them in the bed or outside the frame where they could be tampered with without my knowledge, but I want to clean up the inside of my engine bay. Thanks!

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't put them inside. Why not just build/buy locking boxes for them in your bed?Or mount them in a tool box etc

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Well I'm looking to add some stacks soon. So I didn't really want to start messing with the bed. I'm thinking maybe inside the frame rails behind the spare tire. Don't know if there's enough room though.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Mine would not start with one battery unless battery was almost fully charged, more then a day or so sitting and it was garantied to not sart. I would not run one battery if your luck is like mine it will eave you hangin when you most need it.

Mount it on the inside of the frame tucked away

rick67

Jan 20, 2010
Indiana
I wouldn't have a problem with batteries in the passenger compartment if they were sealed, non vented. GM put them in a compartment behind driver's seat on older corvettes and under back seat on some Buicks.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Mine are going where my spare tire was. I am going to build a tray for 2 optimas. Tucked up in the frame.

Gonna even put a push/pull disconnect that I can run thru the spare tire key lock for when its required at tracks. When I dont need it I can un pin it, remove it and close the lock door :cool:

Last edited:

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Where do you find one that big ??

i found a bosch battery at pepboys. I rerouted my extra cable and hooked it to the alt. I removed the factory alt wire and the junction block on the driverside of the motor because it was in the way of my dual fuelers and the plastic cover was broke. It charges fine. That way if i ever have to put the second batt back in everything is still there. I just tucked the other parts away in the garage incase i need them.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Mine are going where my spare tire was. I am going to build a tray for 2 optimas. Tucked up in the frame.

Gonna even put a push/pull disconnect that I can run thru the spare tire key lock for when its required at tracks. When I dont need it I can un pin it, remove it and close the lock door :cool:

Im guessing you dont plan on racing in any diesel events then?Or you will be running Pro Street

I run 1 battery its a 1500ca and very light:)

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4136&highlight=total+power

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal

Please put some pictures up when you do. May help me out for my own little project.