Great to hear the results,

How far did everyone pull ???

;)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Craig Johnson and his crew from Big Power Diesel put on another great event. And Brian Massetti and his crew from MLM Motorsports did a great job with their Terminator sled.

It was arguably the smoothest SoCal pulling event ever.

I was bummed that Tom Colesanti had a clutch issue and could not pull. He was serving in Afghanistan just over a week ago, and they burned the midnight oil to get the truck ready, but it was not to be. :(

It was like old times. Craig, Timmmmmmyy, Tom, Scott, Massetti, Betty, Nick, Doug, MikeL, heck, it was almost a reunion instead of a pull. Even Steve Cole was there.

The track was clay and gripped more like asphalt than dirt. They kept it well maintained, and ran 2 tracks (one sled) just in case it got tore up.

WorkStock was the largest class. Probably 50% of all entries. I forget the name of the driver, (sorry :() but a Dmax Dually pulled first and went full-pull. One of the rules for this event is that either the sled operator or the puller could request a second pass on the first pull. Massetti tightened up the sled and the Dually re-pulled. He repulled and and went ~204', and none of the first 21 trucks could match it. Then up comes the Blonde LBZ Mafia: Kat driving Wendy and Chantel driving the Neensmobile. Kat nails it right off the line running a skip-shift program, clicks into 3rd, and ZOOM! She is gone. 234'? Then Chantal in her first pull ever, follows it up with a 211'? pull. Dmaxes go 1-2-3 followed by Betty's 6.7 Dodge. Then for dessert, Johnny hooks up his Killer Kodiak for an exhibition pass, and nearly drags it out of the fair.

There were only 3 trucks in 2.6, all Dodge, IIRC. Don't remember the results.

SuperStreet had Nick D'amico pull to an early lead, with his exhaust manifolds and risers glowing red, then yellow. It took a very long time for him to spool up, and the announcer started joking about it. Doug Linsey pulled just shy of D'amico's pull, then near the end John Esteves set the mark that nobody could match, even though he was having troubles keeping in the powerband. Matt pulled very well as aslo, and Dmaxes were 1-2-3-4 in a class normally dominated by Dodges.

Scott Voorhees in Big Bad Dodge did the Grand Finale, and it certainly was. Beautiful truck, and it runs HARD. If they didn't flag him at 340' he would have driven the truck home.

There were also modified tractors running, one with an Allison V12 that briefly caught fire, and another tractor with a jet engine.

Thanks out to all the competitors and crew, everyone was professional and certainly helped the event run smooth.

And I'd like to offer special thanks to Mike D with his 6.4 Ford. Regardless of interwebbythingy smack-talkin', he was professional and pulled well. There has not been much of a Ford presence at our SoCal pulls, and we need Fords there for the fans. Thanks to all the Ford Crew for showing up and throwing it down.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks again to Craig, Betty and crew for the great event :hug:
Steve sorry about the motor mount :(

Thanks Kat. I was really bummed. Glad I caught it and did not hurt anything else. What an awesome showing for the dmax's again. There where really nice trucks from all mfg's. Thanks again to All who put on the event.

Last edited:

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
Opening day games for Soccer got pushed back in the day based on the heat and smoke from the fires, so I couldn't make it. :(

Congrats to all!

Wish I could have been there. :(

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Craig Johnson and his crew from Big Power Diesel put on another great event. And Brian Massetti and his crew from MLM Motorsports did a great job with their Terminator sled.

I was bummed that Tom Colesanti had a clutch issue and could not pull. He was serving in Afghanistan just over a week ago, and they burned the midnight oil to get the truck ready, but it was not to be. :(

It was like old times. Craig, Timmmmmmyy, Tom, Scott, Massetti, Betty, Nick, Doug, MikeL, heck, it was almost a reunion instead of a pull. Even Steve Cole was there.

The track was clay and gripped more like asphalt than dirt. They kept it well maintained, and ran 2 tracks (one sled) just in case it got tore up.

WorkStock was the largest class. Probably 50% of all entries. I forget the name of the driver, (sorry :() but a Dmax Dually pulled first and went full-pull. One of the rules for this event is that either the sled operator or the puller could request a second pass on the first pull. Massetti tightened up the sled and the Dually re-pulled. He repulled and and went ~204', and none of the first 21 trucks could match it. Then up comes the Blonde LBZ Mafia: Kat driving Wendy and Chantal driving the Neensmobile. Kat nails it right off the line running a skip-shift program, clicks into 3rd, and ZOOM! She is gone. 234'? Then Chantel in her first pull ever, follows it up with a 211'? pull. Dmaxes go 1-2-3 followed by Betty's 6.7 Dodge. Then for dessert, Johnny hooks up his Killer Kodiak for an exhibition pass, and nearly drags it out of the fair.

SuperStreet had Nick D'amico pull to an early lead, with his exhaust manifolds and risers glowing red, then yellow. It took a very long time for him to spool up, and the announcer started joking about it. Doug Linsey pulled just shy of D'amico's pull, then near the end John Esteves set the mark that nobody could match, even though he was having troubles keeping in the powerband. Matt pulled very well as aslo, and Dmaxes were 1-2-3-4 in a class normally dominated by Dodges.

Scott Voorhees in Big Bad Dodge did the Grand Finale, and it certainly was. Beautiful truck, and it runs HARD. If they didn't flag him at 340' he would have driven the truck home.

There were also modified tractors running, one with an Allison V12 that briefly caught fire, and another tractor with a jet engine.

Thanks out to all the competitors and crew, everyone was professional and certainly helped the event run smooth.

And I'd like to offer special thanks to Mike D with his 6.4 Ford. Regardless of interwebbythingy smack-talkin', he was professional and pulled well. There has not been much of a Ford presence at our SoCal pulls, and we need Fords there for the fans. Thanks to all the Ford Crew for showing up and throwing it down.

Great post...

Congrats to Kat for winning. That truck is still extremely impressive

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

WorkStock was the largest class. Probably 50% of all entries. I forget the name of the driver, (sorry :() but a Dmax Dually pulled first and went full-pull. One of the rules for this event is that either the sled operator or the puller could request a second pass on the first pull. Massetti tightened up the sled and the Dually re-pulled. He repulled and and went ~204', and none of the first 21 trucks could match it. Then up comes the Blonde LBZ Mafia: Kat driving Wendy and Chantal driving the Neensmobile. Kat nails it right off the line running a skip-shift program, clicks into 3rd, and ZOOM! She is gone. 234'? Then Chantel in her first pull ever, follows it up with a 211'? pull. Dmaxes go 1-2-3 followed by Betty's 6.7 Dodge. Then for dessert, Johnny hooks up his Killer Kodiak for an exhibition pass, and nearly drags it out of the fair.

Any videos of the Blonde Mafia Pulls ????

And how about those heat lamps under team TTS trucks hood...........:happy2:

That's some funny stuff right there.........:rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Hopefully some videos get posted up today.

Lancaster is high altitude, and tuning must be adjusted for it. The Dodge guys don't have the programmability we do, but they did OK. Nick probably should have warmed his truck up earlier.

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Congrats to everybody that participated . Big Congrats to Kat and Chantel for thier 1 and 2 finish and Betty for 4th in work stock .

The women dominated the WS division . There had to be at least 30 trucks in WS .

Steve fast03 really bummed you didnt get to pull but glad you caught the motor mount before you hurt things under the hood . That would have been bad . Call me and we will ck for those boost leaks .

Really huge turnout and the event went smooth and fast . Really good group out there , We all talk some smack , but at the event it is nothing more than professional and friendly and it is all left on the web . The event was awesome and made alot of friends and saw old ones . I want to really thank the Socal Diesel Truck Club Boys for coming out to support me pulling . Great turnout . Got to see all my Vegas and Utah and Norcal buds too . Dale (LBZ) good to see you too brother .

It was good to see so many show up out there . Big event turnout .

Me , I was nervous as hell and felt the butterflies before my pull . Rollled out about 30ft and said ," Here we go , I guess its time to let her eat it and matted it good ". I really liked the sled pulling sport and the kodiak didnt let me down . I thought I was taking the sled home with me till the sled transfered and holy hell it is like somebody threw a 40k anchor out and it drags you down instantly . Didnt want to break anything so I just let off and let the sled stop me . I had pretty good mph on the sled and went 302 for a full pull . When I heard that on the PA I couldnt help but grin ear to ear . Im hooked and will be back for more . How could you not . Im a sucker for a cheering crowd . I'll be back next year for sure with a little more HP .

I pulled just as Exhibition and big thanks to Craig and Betty and the whole AV crew for letting me show off the kodiaks power some at the event .

Big Thanks

Johnny

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Then up comes the Blonde LBZ Mafia: Kat driving Wendy and Chantel driving the Neensmobile. Kat nails it right off the line running a skip-shift program, clicks into 3rd, and ZOOM! She is gone. 234'? Then Chantal in her first pull ever, follows it up with a 211'? pull.

Here we are :happy2:

Attachments

• 100_0543 [1024x768].JPG
    100_0543 [1024x768].JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 214