August '23 Chat -- Will Jason find his DragTruck? -- Stay Tuned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
So looking at the 1st LLY intake horn you posted it must be a Medium duty like darkness application with a front entrance instead of the side.

I found an LLY stock plastic intake tube and I am thinking maybe a gas air box is the same. But they want $100 for the stupid thing and that's the cheapest one...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I have a Gay&N Hot air intake on mine with the dumb sticker on the core support. Buy they did upgrade the turbo inlet to the AFE part... Not sure why they went with that when they could have just done the S&B for half of that...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
So looking at the 1st LLY intake horn you posted it must be a Medium duty like darkness application with a front entrance instead of the side.

I found an LLY stock plastic intake tube and I am thinking maybe a gas air box is the same. But they want $100 for the stupid thing and that's the cheapest one...

I seen that same intake tube. Over priced. I do think the air filter box is the same on the gassers

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ran across another one of those neat tool box beds. This one looks to be in really good shape. $4500 for the whole truck and bed. Good buy for anyone wanting one

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Again...dont bother with that truck in Medford.....

BTW, while you're searching Marketplace, want to find me a nice set of the chrome 18" Buick Lacrosse/Regal wheels for cheap? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Guy in Medford texted me telling me he sold the truck to someone else. Part of me is relieved to not have to deal with that prick anymore. The other part is pissed the prick led me on for a week telling me he was holding it until the weekend so I can come up and get it. Welp, time to move on and find another

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Since the one in Medford fell through. I'm going to try and do a trade with two local ones. A 2001 crew cab truck near me is going for $5k and needs an FICM. The guy with the 2001 regular cab wants a crew cab and says he is willing to trade for one.

I'm thinking I can do an almost straight swap. But I'll need a working FICM. Fortunately the regulator cab has a working FICM that we can swap to tha crew cap and he can have his running crew cab. Then I just need to repair or replace the failed one and I'd have a regular cab for $5k not counting the cost of repairs

And if he's up for it, we can swap over his 35" tires, custom bumpers, radio, 5th wheel hitch, etc and basically give him the tuck he had but as a crew cab. I'm going to guess that the crew cab one being an 01 probably doesn't have a EGR or CAT just like the 01 regular cab. Just got to see if the guy with the regular cab is up for it. He seemed really reasonable and level headed.

Of course I'd rather have an LLY with it's external injectors and rarer FICM 😁 but it's hard to pass up a $5k deal if it gets me started. I can always trade or sell it later if an 05 comes up

The crew cab that needs a little repair and cleaning

And the regular cab that I would trade it for

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I might know a guy that would have the stuff to lly swap it. We’re you going to keep the a/c or get rid of it?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Since the one in Medford fell through. I'm going to try and do a trade with two local ones. A 2001 crew cab truck near me is going for $5k and needs an FICM. The guy with the 2001 regular cab wants a crew cab and says he is willing to trade for one.

I'm thinking I can do an almost straight swap. But I'll need a working FICM. Fortunately the regulator cab has a working FICM that we can swap to tha crew cap and he can have his running crew cab. Then I just need to repair or replace the failed one and I'd have a regular cab for $5k not counting the cost of repairs

And if he's up for it, we can swap over his 35" tires, custom bumpers, radio, 5th wheel hitch, etc and basically give him the tuck he had but as a crew cab. I'm going to guess that the crew cab one being an 01 probably doesn't have a EGR or CAT just like the 01 regular cab. Just got to see if the guy with the regular cab is up for it. He seemed really reasonable and level headed.

Of course I'd rather have an LLY with it's external injectors and rarer FICM 😁 but it's hard to pass up a $5k deal if it gets me started. I can always trade or sell it later if an 05 comes up

The crew cab that needs a little repair and cleaning

And the regular cab that I would trade it for
Well this ones a bust too. Time to continue the search

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
How about a crew cab?
I could have gotten a dozen crew cabs in the time I've been looking for a regular cab. I already have a crew cab so I'm looking for something smaller. It's crazy how many crew cabs there are. Even crazier if you're looking for a ford.

That one may not even be available anymore as the listing is a month old

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I could have gotten a dozen crew cabs in the time I've been looking for a regular cab. I already have a crew cab so I'm looking for something smaller. It's crazy how many crew cabs there are. Even crazier if you're looking for a ford.

That one may not even be available anymore as the listing is a month old
Well you never know.... You might get an LLY that you can play with for now and then when someone wants to trade you will be ready.

Obviously the guy with the customized bumpers thinks his truck is made of gold...

I found a gold truck LLY but it was only 2wd and they want a premium....

Status
Not open for further replies.