August '23 Chat -- Will Jason find his DragTruck? -- Stay Tuned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
...and we're off.

Daughter will be back in town this month for one of her friend's wedding. Roni and I finally get to tell the rest of the family about her good news.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
To answer the title of the thread,
NO!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If the kid that owns that truck comes down like he said maybe. Otherwise the search shale continue...

I did finally get my new AMP clamp for my scanner. There was some kind of mix-up somewhere when the order was placed. Now I Need to see If I can find the test leads or order some new ones...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
To answer the title of the thread,
NO!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If the kid that owns that truck comes down like he said maybe. Otherwise the search shale continue...

I did finally get my new AMP clamp for my scanner. There was some kind of mix-up somewhere when the order was placed. Now I Need to see If I can find the test leads or order some new ones...
In all likelihood, you are probably right. The kid probably has no idea of the damage he has done to it's value but still wants to be paid the full amount. I don't think he will come down. But there is a chance that everyone else will walk away from it for that price and he will end up calling me back. But I'm not going to hold my breath

In the meantime I'll keep searching

Reactions: 1FastBrick

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Sacramento race way had another test and tune today so I went over after work.

I did improve my ET from last time. Was able to drop it from 14.583 down to 14.344. only picked up about 2 mph. I think the truck is just too heavy for the HP it makes. I was running out of track before it could shift through all the gears. It was shifting around 3800 in T/H and maybe 3400 in normal. My highest trap speed was with the T/H off and my fastest ET was with it on.

IMG_20230804_215119-01.jpeg

I plotted the acceleration curve of the fastest ET time slip and it has a weird dip then starts to accelerate again. Probably due to the shift RPM. Maybe running into the limiter on 3rd or 4th before upshifting. Forgot to bring my USB cable so I could set up my V2 for logging so didn't grab any data other than what the dash showed

Acceleration Curve.jpg

If I plug in 430 HP and 8k lbs into the ET calculator I get ET and MPH that are not too far off what I have done. So probably pretty close

Last edited:
Reactions: 1TRIKHD

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Stock turbo and cp3? I'd think you need it shifting lower. Your drop in ET between those two dang near just came from the 60ft

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Stock turbo and injectors can take you a long way, not that Id recommend doing that anymore....

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yes. All stock on the engine except for my tuning. The 2008 in my signature below

The best 60ft was with T/H on. I'll have to look over my WOT shifts and see if there is any room to improve. If nothing else maybe just drop it a few hundred RPMs

I don't want to turn up the fuel any more than I have. Got to keep these pistons alive 😁. I'll try and remember to bring everything I need to get some proper logs to see if my cp3 is keeping up and how everything else is doing

I did watch the transmission temperature readout on the dash and the highest it got was at the beginning when it was still 90° out. Only reached 165° after the second run. As the sun set and the temperature cooled a little down to around mid to high 70s the display only showed it reaching 155°. Infact it often dropped a few degrees after the run. Probably due to my massive transmission cooler. And props to Mike L for building me a transmission that didn't skip a beat and took whatever I put it through. Granted I'm probably not pushing it that hard with only 430 estimated HP but handles this fat truck beautifully

Reactions: wydopenLb7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Woke up early this morning to go get some factory 18”s that are powder coated. This thing clears 37’s stock. So damn nuts

7f9f22a42ef69c775b519be9db0d7ad8.jpg

9a8568eb14d8040a4b27565a54c70c6c.jpg

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Yes. All stock on the engine except for my tuning. The 2008 in my signature below

The best 60ft was with T/H on. I'll have to look over my WOT shifts and see if there is any room to improve. If nothing else maybe just drop it a few hundred RPMs

I don't want to turn up the fuel any more than I have. Got to keep these pistons alive 😁. I'll try and remember to bring everything I need to get some proper logs to see if my cp3 is keeping up and how everything else is doing

I did watch the transmission temperature readout on the dash and the highest it got was at the beginning when it was still 90° out. Only reached 165° after the second run. As the sun set and the temperature cooled a little down to around mid to high 70s the display only showed it reaching 155°. Infact it often dropped a few degrees after the run. Probably due to my massive transmission cooler. And props to Mike L for building me a transmission that didn't skip a beat and took whatever I put it through. Granted I'm probably not pushing it that hard with only 430 estimated HP but handles this fat truck beautifully
Phuk those pistons! Apparently I need to rotate my phone so sigs will show up in the mobile version haha. How were you launching it?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Phuk those pistons! Apparently I need to rotate my phone so sigs will show up in the mobile version haha. How were you launching it?
I'd be less careful if I found me a second truck to be able to play with.

My 1st launch I only lightly boosted it just to get the feel for it so that's why the 60 is so bad. But I also forgot to put it in T/H so maybe that's why it has higher MPH.

2nd run I tried boosting higher and blew through the breaks and red lighted it. So I restaged and pressed harder on the break. Then I think it was about 2k rpms when I launched. I swear I heard the tires chirp . Maybe the TC locking?

Then on the 3rd I tried boosting a little higher but wasn't watching the gauge as I was looking at the tree. I noticed that what feels about 3/4 throttle I get some rattling while building boost. I brought it up to right at that point before launching

4th and 5th I pushed it nearly to the floor and the rattling went away. This got me my best 60 for both.

On the 6th. It was after 9pm and they where closing the track. So I put all my tools back in the truck and reinstalled the tailgate. When I was about to leave the Tech stopped me and asked if I was leaving already. Told me to get back in line and make another run. He held the track open for me. I was the last one to go down. It was pretty cool. He seemed like a really great guy. Was was driving an older LB7 dually so he probably liked to see how mine ran since he didn't want to run his. With the extra few hundred pounds of weight it didn't seem to do as well. Also tried turning off T/H half way down

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Is defueling or anything else holding you back at all?
Unlikely. The shifts seem fast and smooth. I'd have to get a good log to really know for sure.

What sucks is the track won't have any more tests and tunes for at least a few kore months. If I get any logs it would have to be on a back road somewhere. The logs I did when I was making this tune didn't show any issues back then and it's remained mostly the same. I haven't made any changes to the fueling, boost, throttle tables, etc. Only some altitude timing and emissions tables

Status
Not open for further replies.