Anybody use Energy Poly Trans Mount?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I have the mount on mine, the guy I bought the merchant mounts from had it and didn't want to use it. Makes everything stiff, I'm very happy with it.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Fwiw the new part number from GM is the same general design as the aftermarket ones but retains rubber as the absorbsion material, they don't list the old style one pice mounts anymore. Also, I have ordered one from autozone in a pinch before and opened it to find a completely solid cast Mount with no absorbsion at all, I couldn't believe it.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Fwiw the new part number from GM is the same general design as the aftermarket ones but retains rubber as the absorbsion material, they don't list the old style one pice mounts anymore. Also, I have ordered one from autozone in a pinch before and opened it to find a completely solid cast Mount with no absorbsion at all, I couldn't believe it.

This is what I went through last weekend. Bought an autozone mount. Noticed it was solid. But the metal is so thin I decided against using it.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
My new energy suspensions mount showed up today.

Seems a little odd that there is such a big gap that has to be "smashed" down when tightening the bolts. You can see in the bottom pic that when I tightened it down, the corner (against the cross member) of the bracket actually exposed itself out from the poly. Is this normal? Currently awaiting my new bigger injectors so I haven't driven it yet with the mount.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
You are getting bigger injectors? What size? You are just jealous of my sub 2000us tunes... Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
You are getting bigger injectors? What size? You are just jealous of my sub 2000us tunes... Haha

I am jealous of that indeed. We're looking to do a moderately sized set of cobras. I want to try and do 1350+hp on the dyno (yes I know, I'm a dyno loving whore) and/or trap anything over 135mph fuel only. Hoping to have them back and installed tomorrow, tuned thursday and hit the track friday.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I am jealous of that indeed. We're looking to do a moderately sized set of cobras. I want to try and do 1350+hp on the dyno (yes I know, I'm a dyno loving whore) and/or trap anything over 135mph fuel only. Hoping to have them back and installed tomorrow, tuned thursday and hit the track friday.
Nice, sounds like a good plan. You are a dyno whore, lol. At least your truck gets driven.

What have you heard about industrials new cp3? They claim more flow than anything on the market.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Nice, sounds like a good plan. You are a dyno whore, lol. At least your truck gets driven.

What have you heard about industrials new cp3? They claim more flow than anything on the market.

They have seen good gains with it. Flows alot of fuel. XP cp3 > p7100

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
They have seen good gains with it. Flows alot of fuel. XP cp3 > p7100
Interesting, so more than an exergy 12mm?

Would like to see a flow chart. I wrote that on their Facebook post about it and they deleted my comment. Haha.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Seems a little odd that there is such a big gap that has to be "smashed" down when tightening the bolts. You can see in the bottom pic that when I tightened it down, the corner (against the cross member) of the bracket actually exposed itself out from the poly. Is this normal? Currently awaiting my new bigger injectors so I haven't driven it yet with the mount.

Mine did the same thing without the plate and on the same side as yours, maybe the bolts are bottoming out on an internal plate.?

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Thinking I need to get one of these mounts. Mike (C20) how come you did use the plate again?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

Thats the preloading of the poly. If you ever put poly mounts into GM clamshells, you'd be shocked to see how much they compress/preload the poly.

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM

I have the same transmission mount, works good, I didn't really notice a difference.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mike Diesel please explain what bolted stock mounts are.

you take a factory engine mount, drill through the steel, into the rubber, then back through the steel and put a bolt through it. Some use 1 or 2, 1/2" bolts or i use 1, 9/16" grade 8 bolt. I preload the bolt 3 turns to help take up slack when the weight of the motor and trans is set onto the mount. Then throw a tack on to the nut and bolt thread to keep the nut from every backing off

these are not mine but it gives you an idea of how it works. this has been around for years now

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
you take a factory engine mount, drill through the steel, into the rubber, then back through the steel and put a bolt through it. Some use 1 or 2, 1/2" bolts or i use 1, 9/16" grade 8 bolt. I preload the bolt 3 turns to help take up slack when the weight of the motor and trans is set onto the mount. Then throw a tack on to the nut and bolt thread to keep the nut from every backing off

these are not mine but it gives you an idea of how it works. this has been around for years now

Did you mean 5/16 or 3/8 a 9/16 is a very big bold if a 9/16 wrench fits it then it is usually a 3/8 bolt...:hello: