Anybody use Energy Poly Trans Mount?

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I put one on. It really stiffened things up. My rubber may or may not have been shot but it did have a lot of play. I need to pony up for some MA motor mounts.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
We've installed several, keep them in stock for the trucks that come in that have separated oem ones waiting to destroy the drivetrain. No complaints yet. :thumb:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Nobody has any complaints yet?

I am curious if anyone has broken anything running this mount.

If I had the solid MA motor mounts then I wouldn't hesitate to run this trans mount, but I am running stock bolted mounts. The mounts allow for a little bit of give but not a whole lot. I need to get one ordered but am still up in the air if I should just run a stock mount or this poly mount.

This mount is roughly $20 cheaper than an OEM mount.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine is a 2x4 so I'll have no added stress from the front driveline when you launch in 4x4. The only complaint I have with the Energy Suspension is no directions for the added plate that it comes with. It would have changed the centerline from the tail of the transmission to the support bearing by about 3/16" so I left it out.

Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Mine is a 2x4 so I'll have no added stress from the front driveline when you launch in 4x4. The only complaint I have with the Energy Suspension is no directions for the added plate that it comes with it. It would have changed the centerline from the tail of the transmission to the support bearing by about 3/16" so I left it out.

I was also wondering what that added plate was for.

Did anyone use the added plate?

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
I was also wondering what that added plate was for.

Did anyone use the added plate?

I called about the plate when I installed mine. They said it was required. I told the tech it looked taller than factory but he insisted it was needed.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I called about the plate when I installed mine. They said it was required. I told to tech it looke d taller that factory but he insisted it was needed.

Interesting. Maybe Wednesday I'll give them a call and see if I can get an explanation as to why it is required.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I put the plate on mine. I think mine would have been too short without the plate. I think the plate might hold the top part of the poly to the steel as well.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The added plate is what sandwhiches teh mount together and prevents excess movement of the poly that can break them. Without it all the weight is directly riding on the poly, and poly mounts like to be encapsulated. I ran one before with my 6.5L(same mount) didn't like it. Transmitted to much vibration for my taste.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The added plate is what sandwhiches teh mount together and prevents excess movement of the poly that can break them. Without it all the weight is directly riding on the poly, and poly mounts like to be encapsulated. I ran one before with my 6.5L(same mount) didn't like it. Transmitted to much vibration for my taste.

Makes sense about the plate. The vibrations don't bother me though.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Ferman, does your Burb have a 2 piece driveline.? I was concerned about moving the transmission up with the plate changing the center line and creating a vibration from the drive line. Could be my motor mounts have sagged enough, if so then the plate would be OK.? Drive line vibrations suck-a-lot....