Alive and Kicking!

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Thanks guys. We will have video. I am dead tried right now. A week of all nighters is kicking my butt now. Truck ran good. Tune up needs some more work and I have a coolant drip that needs fixed but all minor compared to what I have been thru already.

First hook I was flagged. Second hook was a reset sled with a floating finish. I was competitive with the top guys in the class the first time out on a power track so I am very pleased. Some others on here had great hooks. TimLB703, Trailpropop,DBracing, nwpadmax on his second try, first time he pulled a wheelie.:eek:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Congrats John, looks like you were loosing rail pressure? at the end of the pull. Man I really feel for your drivetrain:D

Last edited:

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Rail Pressure is fine. That track was tight. When the pan hit the truck really grabed a hold of the track. You could feel it leap foward. It drug it down to 3000 rpm. From there down I pull fuel with the program. It dropped the turbo at around 1800rpm.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Looks like it could use some more fuel at the end maybe a little. It looks like the left front spins pretty hard out of the gate. You need a front locker if you don't have one already.

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Thanks

The tune up still needs more work. Remember the Monday before this pull the engine was still on the stand.

I dont have a Locker. I broke my E-locker last year. Eaton has it right know. The stock diff is in there. But I made a mini spool and it is all TIG welded solid. It was just track that made it look like that. I checked the front end this week. It is still spooled solid.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Someone dope-slap the PA announcer in the first video, ..."that Chevrolet is really running...." ;)

Nice videos, nice hooks for early in...:D

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Looks good john, looks like a tight a$$ track too!!
Thanks. That track was wicked tight. Very good test for the new clutch, trans, and axles. All worked good.

Someone dope-slap the PA announcer in the first video, ..."that Chevrolet is really running...." ;)

Nice videos, nice hooks for early in...:D

At least he did manage to say GMC twice. Heck there was not even a Chevy in the class. Just the 02 GMCs of Tim and me.

Thanks!