Acting around other Dmax drivers

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
How do you guys act around fellow Dmax drivers? Around town it seems no matter what, any other duramax I drive by likes to try to blow black smoke or spin their tires in front of me.

I was driving to the gym today and a gmc Dmax with a banks power badge above the Dmax badge was revving past me and puffing smoke....and it was a guy in his early 30s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
I fail to acknowledge D bags like that. Also pisses me off to see stupid Shits like that even own a diesel. That's common around my neck of the woods, and they just keep populating.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I mean it's one thing to see it from people my age and younger, but someone in their 30s? Lol. I don't know if it's the EFI live sticker on my truck that instigates them or my rand Paul sticker lol

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I only roll coal when someone that I'm friends with try's to lol other then that I just blow by them with a whistle!

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Yeah. Idk. I was just curious to see if others have the same issue. Lol. Usually I just hope that by default they spent more money on lifts and tires than a built tranny

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Ive only had one other duramax try to race me and that was deep in town on the highway at speeds around 75mph. His truck was built though and I had no shot at all

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I try and race them all....:thumb:

Seriously though, if they are obnoxiously blowing smoke or have a soot life sticker I usually wont play with them unless I am in white devil and feel like embarrassing someone in front of their girl.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Lol at soot life stickers. Most of the people around here run Longhorn tunes and don't have built trannys. It's pretty obnoxious. But what can you do about it, nothing really

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Lol at soot life stickers. Most of the people around here run Longhorn tunes and don't have built trannys. It's pretty obnoxious. But what can you do about it, nothing really

I had a jackass in a black CC/SB LBZ with a GIANT Soot Life sticker across the back window (covered the whole back window) and dual stacks roll coal on me repeatedly for about five miles of stop and go traffic. I wasnt sure what he wanted me to do, certainly couldnt race. He just kept flooring it and dumping out smoke. I was embarrassed to be driving a diesel.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Yeah I know what you mean. I feel like every other person around you is just grouping you in the douchebag category. One guy around here has a HUGE exhaust tip and has a sticker covering his back windshield that says "see you when the smoke clears" he's tuned by Dmax tuner I think. Stock tranny....40%over injectors though lol

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I seem to not get anyone that wants to play.... Had some dick in a Dmax smoking me out as I was pulling my toyhauler up one of our hills. Then took off like I was gunna race him. Retarded, specially in traffic

I generally am not the "instigator" to get a race going. But if we wind up at a light together and all is clear, it's game on. I like playing with a lot of these stock turbo trucks. I'll go about 3/4 throttle to about 3rd gear so they are right with me, then hammer down and walk away.

I do my damnest to not smoke though. It's nice looking in the rear view and seeing next to nothing for smoke behind you

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Its really bad around here in Terre Haute. A lot of the duramax drivers are not bad but the Dodge drivers are ridiculous. It gets especially bad when Sheid holds their diesel extravaganza. Cops and smoke everywhere. Cant even go down the south end of town with all the soot!

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Maybe if I didn't have a stock turbo, I'd be more down to play. The majority of the time, I try to keep to myself if I don't know what's under the hood

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I blow my buddies a little puff to say hello other than that I just smile and wave. Unless.... they want to play, then they get a little smoke show, dam lml's fuel hard before that turbo lites. lol...

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I'm usually up for a race for some fun, but i don't get takers often. I try not to rip on it enough to blow much smoke in town or traffic of any kind. It doesn't smoke a lot anyways. I would love to embarrass more people that act that way, but it seems i'm never in my truck when i find them.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
It's just funny, everyone who drives next to me has a grin on their face and then puffs me with smoke. It's like they think I'm going to race them in traffic on a two lane road

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I fail to acknowledge D bags like that. Also pisses me off to see stupid Shits like that even own a diesel. That's common around my neck of the woods, and they just keep populating.

Yep.

I drive normal always. When no one is around is when I stomp on it :rofl:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I dont mind a race if were at a light and no traffic. I wax most cummins around anyway unless its a newer common rail. But when people think smoke is cool is when I get annoyed. They dont understand the performance side of the diesel industry. Most are probably young spoiled kids whose parents give them everything they want. Im about sick of how degrading they make us look while we are trying to make our trucks faster. And we have to be worried about every police cruiser that passes because these sh*t heads!

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
I'd rather smoke the tires than blow a bunch of smoke. Not to many diesel guys in San Diego anyway. I can only imagine how many people are going to try to race me when I get back to Idaho next month :rolleyes: